Liberals, do you think MSNBC is biased?

Yes I already know FOX reports the news with a bias towards republicans. But can any of you see that MSNBC is just as bias towards democrats?

Why complain about one and not the other?

Best Answer

All news is bias and edited these days. A consequence of our college education system combined with the mergers and losses of the local and state based news. You live in a large market in Atlanta. So, you do still hear some (but not all) the local news. Here, in my neck of the D/FW metroplex? I have to rely on neighbors. To even find out why there were 3 bodies lying on a residential street 2 blocks down from me. Edited out of the papers, radio and TV. That was 2 or 3 years back. How did I even know of this? I saw the police, the blocked of streets and the bodies. Gang related turns out.

Keep shopping and live our lives as ol GWB liked to say. It's American! The news keeps us blissfully unaware of most things.Funny thing is? The media doesn't even think itself biased. It's entirely normal for them.

The evening pundit lineup, yes. The general reporting, yes. However, I think the first is biased toward the left, and the second biased toward the pro-corporate, center-right bull that is characteristic of all mainstream media.

I complain about Fox because their "reporters" are just as openly biased as their pundits. If their regular reporting was the standard, pro-corporate centrist mush, and their pundits were Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity and the like, I would mind less. Plus, they've argued the right to lie under the First Amendment in court, been caught deliberately doctoring photos, making "mistakes" with labeling politicians Republicans or Democrats repeatedly, and reporting outright falsehoods without making retractions. So that is my biggest beef with Fox. I really don't care about Glenn Beck's (former) show, because it never pretended to be anything other than the opinions of a raving right-wing d-bag.

Usually i'm stunned through the outright bias of the MSNBC commentators. For example, Rachel Maddow will take some minor lapse through one of the proper-wing politicians and hammer on it forever, in an attempt to impugn that person's persona. They can be rather demanding when they obsess about some thing i don't do not forget fundamental. It is not simplest biased, however unprofessional, to hold on in this manner. Still, they're no longer in a league with Fox, which fought in court docket for its correct to gift lies as legitimate information, but that's another story.

I'd say that MSNBC's habit of blatantly editing and altering video to make a story more controversial is a worse problem than their bias.

Now, yes MSNBC is bias, not as far left as CNN, but still biased. There are a few reasons for this, first it is almost impossible to be neutral if you have beliefs and thoughts of your own, second biased sells! You take a bias you get those that believe that bias.

Its why we have Fox and CNN.

Best thing to do, is listen to both and figure the truth is some where in the middle.

I am not a liberal, I am a libertarian so I hope I can answer.

MSNBC is biased, but the thing is, they don't claim to not be, like Fox would.

• Yes they are left leaning and there's nothing wrong with leaning to any particular side but you have to tell the truth for it to be news. The journalism at MSNBC is at least respectable. Fox News blatantly misleads. Fox News' audience is consistently the least informed audience of all the news stations.

I have dish network and dish automatically pulled off MSNBC from its channel lineup. I never told them to do this. They did it on their own.

As a result of that, its been almost 1 year I have not seen MSNBC.

News should NOT be biased

we have too few people controlling too much of the media

is tis almost impossible NOT to biased but everybody in he news should try

Actually, I see much less bias at msnbc. While I hear faux news actually lying to generate bias, I don't find intentional lying at msnbc. When faux news gets flogged over a lie, they never correct it. Msnbc corrects the few untruths they air.

Msnbc has been quite critical of the president over the irs and the faux news reporter investigation. I never saw faux news critical of "W"s inability to find weapons of mass destruction, nor any criticism of his lies about them.

It slants left, yes. However, I have seen many lists and much evidence of Fox lies. Fox even sued for the right to lie and call it news, and won the suit. And it presents itself as news. Not so for MSNBC and I've personally checked out a lot I've heard/seen there, and have heard them point out their mistakes, right them and apologize for them. They present themselves honestly as opinion shows.

I don't have a problem with a bias if the bias is in caring for people. I have a huge problem with presenting lies as news.

I also believe in getting news from multiple sources and in doing research on anything that sounds at all hokey.

##