Is knowing about wicca's safe?

Magic has alwaya interested me, and I KNOW its real. I know fairies and real - I've spoken with them before. But I recently came across a 'wicca' while looking for runes for an art project. (They looked cool) I never realized theae runes were used for magic and it kind of scares me. I don't want to put my family in danger, and I don't want to be in danger as well. Is knowing about wiccas going to hurt me and my family? Are we safe? ????????????

I'm crying right now I'm really scared. Please help me, I'm being serious, to those who are just going to tell me its 'fake.' Its not.

• Best Answer

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law,

Yes, knowing about the existence of a religion is safe. As for the rest of it, seek help if you are over the age of ten. It's absolute silliness to be acting that way.

Love is the law, love under Will.

Is knowing about wicca's what safe? (An apostrophe with an "s" after a proper noun indicates that the person, place or thing owns whatever noun follows his/her/its name. For example, "Mary's lemons." We know the lemons belong to Mary because of the 's. Other examples: "the school's cafeteria", "my family's home".)

Wicca is a religion. How would learning about any religion harm you and your family?

Magic and fairies however, are not what the religion of Wicca is about. Runes are not Wiccan either.

Some Wiccans work with magic, as well as some Wiccans may use runes, and some may believe in fairies - that doesn't mean these things a part of the religion of Wicca. Just like some Christians cook, and some Christians like cycling, but that doesn't mean the Christian religion is about cooking and cycling.

Runes are the letters in a set of related alphabets, which were used to write various Germanic languages before the adoption of the Latin alphabet. No more or less dangerous or harmful than the alphabet you used to type your question.

Some people use varioius symbols in working magic - they are focus aids. The symbols themselves have no inherent power.

Knowledge itself is not dangerous. What you *choose* to do with what you learn, with the knowledge you have, is up to you. For example, your doctor has knowledge of medicine. Your doctor knows as much about what can hurt you as he does about what can heal you. But your doctor chooses to use his knowledge to heal, not to hurt.

If information scares you to tears and makes you feel like you and your family are somehow in danger, I have to wonder what you're doing using the internet, which is also known as the "information superhighway".

Wicca is not about spells.

Wicca is not about fairies.

Just because people use runes for magic doesn't mean runes are magical, and it certainly doesn't mean they are dangerous.

Wicca is a religion. Knowing about a religion is not dangerous.

I have no idea what you think is going to happen to you or how it would possibly happen. You are not being rational. You are confusing fantasy with reality, and considering you are crying in fear at this moment I strongly suggest you stop researching things like magic and runes and Wicca until you are mature enough to comprehend these things in an adult manner. It is not reasonable to be scared of looking at these things.

Yes, you are safe. information does not hurt you.

Source(s): Wiccan

Okay... please hold up. If you are worried about Wicca being "safe" it is not for you.

Wicca is a religion-- if you don't 'trust' your religion to be 'safe' then clearly you should not BE that religion.

Wicca is also not about

- magic (anyone of any religion -- or no religion-- can do magic)

- runes (not from or of Wicca; not necessary in Wicca)

- faeries (you do not have to believe in fairies or fairytales to be Wiccan)

What Wicca IS about: how we worship our Gods (we believe in Pagan Gods and Goddesses) and how we live our lives by Wiccan tenets. Tenets include things like taking personal responsibility for oneself, finding a healthy balance in life, not doing unnecessary harm, etc.

Nothing here in your question indicates anything you are interested in is actually Wicca, hon; it indicates you have very mistaken ideas about what Wicca is. There are a lot of just plain bad sources out there for Wicca.

Source(s): 23 years being Wiccan

No, it's not dangerous but the danger is what other religions and people think of e.g some say its a sin etc there are different ways to go about wicca, um but if you want to take its slow I recommend you go on youtube and see what it's all about. here is some youtubes that do wiccan vids: Tiptoechick Charmingpixieflora theshoewhisper and phyper

good luck and blessed be

Source(s): ME!
  • Even though witchcraft is SOMETIMES used in wicca it is NOT always used. Not all wiccans are witches and not all witches are wiccans.

Runes has more to do with druidism than wicca.

Knowledge isnt dangerous.

Chill out

I think you're being WAY over-dramatic to be crying over stumbling upon a RELIGION (no different than Christianity).

You're not going to invite "Satan" (or whatever flavor-of-the-month demon) in by learning about Wicca, any more than you would be by learning about Runes or Rosaries.

Your family is in no more danger now than they were pre-Wicca stumble.

Yes. Learning about Wicca is safe.

What I would like to know is, how do you know that faeries are real? Objective evidence or personal experience.

I believe that it should be. Because of this: Rev 21:7-8

7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

It's perfectly safe. NEVER do anything in ANY religion that makes you uncomfortable, but that said, there is nothing mystical in the Wiccan religion that will harm you or your family.