Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How did harriet beacher stowe make little eva uncle tom into perfect heros ?

How did harriet beachet stowe make eliza , little eva , and uncle tom into almost archetypes of the perfect heroine or hero ?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Who's to say what a perfect hero or heroine is? Uncle Tom is certainly a Christ-like figure. He Christianizes everyone whom he meets and when Simon LeGree whips him to death he forgives him ("Forgive them, father, for they not what they do.")

Little Eva dies seeing the heavenly light.

Both these people are so good that if I could take them seriously as people, I would feel inadequate. They are, perhaps, archetypes, but they lack the admixture of selfishness and self-interest that actuate ordinary mortals; therefore, for me, perhaps paradoxically, they are imperfect because they are so flawless.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

good element, and for what this is actual extremely worth i do now no longer think of of you are trying to "kiss white butt," and you sound like an somewhat smart person. you have of direction appeared into this extremely of utilizing the term blindly, that's what extra effective people could do in this worldwide. i comprehend that 20,30,40 years interior the previous, diverse communities have been banding at the same time to wrestle for equality and a much better effectual day for each physique. yet you have been estimated to have a undeniable quantity of loyalty on your person team, no count if that grew to develop into into defined. at contemporary, it variety of feels like we could forget those divisions and wrestle to pass forward at the same time. i'm getting so ticked off at people accusing genuine warring parties of "turning their decrease back on their very own race." If combating for equality for each person -black, white, asian, community, in spite of - makes some people mad, i can not be waiting to help that. i'm now no longer turning my decrease back on my race, by potential of utilizing certainty i'm combating for the human race. i think of so unhappy when I see people like bill Cosby getting criticism - he's so smart and has constantly fought against racial stereotypes and to bolster the area for black people and each person. i assume the "Uncle Tom" is the equivalent of the "self-loating Jew." the two are stereotypes and can vanish from society if we predict of we are extremely inventive. Linah H - you may sit down back extremely intense priced! Why are you so keeping - do you and 0.02 have a historic previous the rest persons do now no longer comprehend approximately? he's extremely growing to be a impressive smart element. he's no longer declaring those leaders did now no longer use that element era, he's calling WHY it have been given right here to point out what it does. The e book of direction does no longer have a similar which potential, so why has it come to point out what it does in society? this is a valid question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.