What kind of computer should I get?

Okay, so I want a new computer because my laptop needs a new motherboard and I'd rather just pay for a new computer. I don't care if it's desktop or laptop, but I would assume a desktop would run better without jumps, freezes, etc.

I want to edit videos (planning on getting Vegas Pro 12, so I guess that rules out mac) and record and edit music (I have m-audio).

I would also like to play some games, like sims and some little games like burger shop and virtual villagers and what not.

Any suggestions on what kind to get? No price range, I still need to save up either way, but of course cheaper is better unless it becomes a terrible quality.

Note I refuse to buy dell.

And I would like names of them or links to them.

Thanks! :)

Favorite Answer

Get an Apple so you wouldn't get virus from watching those Porn.

Source(s): everyday since 2011 i watch porn from my macbook ang jack off and masturbate but had never virus. Macbook is da best.
  • TWB

Apple makes a good quality laptop. The problem comes when it requires service or minor upgrades. It is near impossible to do anything with them. They even glue the battery and hard drive down so you can not change it. They solder the ram to the logic board so you can not increase it. They lock up most of the software so your stuck with what they approve.

Lenovo has serious stand behind their product problems. They bought IBM PC division and proceeded to drive the quality of the system into the ground. Their customer service is well below par. They even makes Dell customer service look good. The last and final thing to remember about them is they are a Chinese Government own company. It is up to you if you want to trust them.

ASUS and HP do not modify Windows as bad as the other manufacturers. They might add a lot of bloat but they also makes it easy to get rid of it.

Companies like Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony should be avoided at all cost because of their heavy modification of Windows and the drivers. If you remove some of the bloat they install you can cripple the system.

ASUS makes excellent video editing and gaming system, not inexpensive.

HP has good reliable mid priced system that do not break the bank.

Good call on avoiding Apple -- you'll get more bang for your buck that way.

Desktops are cheap to upgrade -- Memory, Disk, Video cards, whatever.

Laptops are nice because they're smaller and you can take them with you... but you shouldn't leave them plugged in 24/7 like a desktop or the battery will get lazy.

Personally, I like desktops best. Right now I'm on a cheap Compaq desktop. I've never had a problem with Dell...but the Dell I have on the floor is also a server class 64 GB RAM, 8 processor box. You can always build your own box if you want to tweak it with the latest and greatest for gaming/media editing.

Good luck.

A supercomputer is needed for editing big high definition videos.

A "Supermicro" that has 12 gigabytes ram and two Intel Xeon processors. Anything less will not render HD.

A supercomputer will also be good for games because it's high speed, but a video card upgrade may be needed for optimum speed.

since i don't know ur range...

i'm gonna suggest 2 setups other than iMac

mid:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

upper:

or u can custom build ur setup...

a good setup according to ur requirement wd b-

Processor: Core i7 3770k

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H

Ram: 2*8gb DDR3 1600mhz

SSD: OCZ Vertex 4, 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal SSD

HDD: 7200rpm sata3 2tb

Graphics: Radeon HD7850 or 7870

PSU: Corsair or Thermaltake 800watt