What kind of computer should I get?

Okay, so I want a new computer because my laptop needs a new motherboard and I'd rather just pay for a new computer. I don't care if it's desktop or laptop, but I would assume a desktop would run better without jumps, freezes, etc. I want to edit videos (planning on getting Vegas Pro 12, so I guess... show more Okay, so I want a new computer because my laptop needs a new motherboard and I'd rather just pay for a new computer. I don't care if it's desktop or laptop, but I would assume a desktop would run better without jumps, freezes, etc.
I want to edit videos (planning on getting Vegas Pro 12, so I guess that rules out mac) and record and edit music (I have m-audio).
I would also like to play some games, like sims and some little games like burger shop and virtual villagers and what not.

Any suggestions on what kind to get? No price range, I still need to save up either way, but of course cheaper is better unless it becomes a terrible quality.
Note I refuse to buy dell.
And I would like names of them or links to them.
Thanks! :)