Affirmative Action, what do you think?

Affirmative Action -Designed to help minorities -Designed to help minorities, especially after Jim Crow laws were abolished. -Minorities may have been free, but they were still like birds leaving the nest so to speak. So they needed a little boost It's been over 40 years since then, so It should not be... show more Affirmative Action
-Designed to help minorities
-Designed to help minorities, especially after Jim Crow laws were abolished.
-Minorities may have been free, but they were still like birds leaving the nest so to speak. So they needed a little boost

It's been over 40 years since then, so It should not be necessary for our newer generations.

One can argue "Well that black guy grew up middle class, and got 8/10 questions right, and the overprivelaged white kid got 9/10 of the questions right, therefor the black kid should get into the college instead". I would argue, yes that white kid is overprivelaged, and may be more or less better waiting to get in that college. However it really won't be efficient, I mean in the workplace we need people that are absolutely better skilled at the job. It's simply communism to think otherwise, even if it's ethically right, it's logically wrong.

What I think personally. I'm going to make a scenario. Black Kid;overprivelaged;GPA = 10. White Kid;underprivelaged;GPA = 10. I think the underprivelaged (i.e. growing up under a difficult socioeconomic status) deserves to get in, who will most likely have a better work ethic, as opposed to the overprivelaged kid who is more likely to be selfish in the workplace or corporate world. People who grow up overprivelaged, who never see the ugly side of life, who don't know what it's like to struggle, kind of turn into a Teddy Roosevelt or a Mitt Romney (cough* Massachusetts)... you know how that goes.
Update: GUYS! I am not talking about affirmative Action. I speak that if in a scenario where you have 2 equally skilled people applying for let's say a job, the one who grew up underprivelaged deserves it more.