Would you go on a blind date?

What i your parents set you up?

What if your best friend set you up?

Favorite Answer

I went on a blind date in high school as a favor to a friend of mine. Figured it couldn't be that bad, as it was a double date and the guy was a cousin of the guy my friend was dating, who seemed nice enough. Went out for pizza and came back to her parents beach house to watch movies. Everything was going well and he was a nice looking guy. He asked me to go for a walk down the beach with him so we could talk and get to know each other. So I went and he began talking about his family and his mental illness. Come to find out, he had just come out of a mental institution, which did not bother me at first. Then he told me the reason he was in the hospital was for having homicidal thoughts, he had thoughts of killing his parents. That was enough for me and the date quickly ended. I have never been on another blind date since then and never will again, not even if it was my parents that set me up.

No. I've only had a couple of blind dates & didn't like the guys at all. Besides, I prefer to know somebody as friends before dating. Then I would know if we have anything in common & if we have similar values.

Seems almost indecent to go out with somebody I don't know at all. Also, it seems like a favor to the friend, like she & her boyfriend can't go out unless they find a date for somebody who's visiting. Then I would be stuck with a long-distance relationship or with nothing at all. That's not the kind of favor that I like to do.

Not if it was off of a dating website and probably not for my parents, unless they INSISTED. I would if it were a best friend because I trust their judgement also if I've been single for a long time then I'd go. If i just had a bad break up I might just to get my mind off of him, but might not in fears that the two men would be similar.

• Tigger

A good friend did set me up with a blind date back around 1970 with her boyfriend's brother. I was dumb back then and shy, so was he, we went to a carnival and all I remember was riding the Ferris Wheel with him'

Yes, but only out of curiosity lol. I'd like to know who my parents/best friends think is right for me O_o

• KAK

I did when I was in my 20's and never would do again!

James my friend,I would have to pass on that,well I don't think my wife would be to happy about it,lol,

not again once did

Source(s): .

No never.