Poll: Do you ever look back at old family photos?

I look back once in a while and think "Damn, where did these people go?"

• Just
    Favorite Answer

The old family photos are looked at once in a great while. More recently, my sister showed us a video of people in our family that we recognized, but looked so different after a lot of years.. and some, we had no clue who they were. lol

I don't like family photos or albums. I will not make any in my adult life.

My folks stored their old photo albums in a back corner of my bedroom closet, with the boxes of tax paperwork. When I was 12 or 13, I decided to go poking through them.

I discovered that my father had a 'first wife' who wasn't my mother, and that I had a half-brother I never knew existed. I felt betrayed by my parents for never having told me about my brother or about my dad's early mistakes, and I never saw my dad in the same light, ever again. From that point on, family photo albums were keepers of damaging and traumatizing secrets; like how the internet captures and holds on to every stupid thing you ever say or do online, available for reference years and years after you know better.

That said, my family photo albums also contain the smiling images of family members who ended up meeting quite sad and tragic ends. I do not want to be reminded that those moments (at the bowling alley, at a park, at a movie) all those years ago, were the best it ever got for them. It makes me feel like I've already experienced the best I'll ever experience, and now it's downhill from there until I die.

When family photo albums make you want to mourn the pitiful lives your relatives lived, you tend to avoid them.

Yes, I do look back at old family photos and say

"Damn, I have no clue which one of them smiling fools, is ME!" :P

always,

Ladyitch

Yes I do! Its bitter sweet! So many people are gone, I am getting old! But I have five Grand Children who will love to look at these pictures as they get older!

Yes it feels weird!

Yes, always a good laugh :)

yep, crazy how things change, for the better and the worse

Yes, I do

all the time. love them.

you bet your tintype I did.

Source(s): Camille