Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 years ago

VICTORIA SECRET models?

i don't know why so many people like them. many girls look up to them and many guys think they're perfect. but is it just me, or are they just so boring? i, myself, wouldn't want tat kind of body.. they r very tall and too skinny and some of them have too much muscle.. they r too ''perfect'' - looking. and i think it is soo wrong that they r called 'sex simbols' and stuff like that, because it's sending a totally wrong message.. they r naturally thin and tall and teens and children that dont have that 'special cunstructure' have to work very hard and eat very little to get a body like that.. anyone else agree??!?!

Favorite Answer

I am a retired professional I.A.T.S.E. Union Stage Hand and I have worked several events for Les Wexner and that includes some at his Easton Shopping Center and shows with the Victoria's Secret models. You can't appreciate those women unless you see them up close and live. They are blessed women. I have also worked some of his warehouse shows that use the women that do the work there for models and they model the clothing lines that they sell at all of their shopping center stores around the world. They are all beautiful women no matter their size or shape. There is an old saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover". Just you take good care of yourself and eat healthy and work out get plenty of exercise and get a great education. It is not about starving yourself but eating very healthy and proper amounts of food and working very hard to get where they are. There is a lot of life to live. You have to work at it.

.

.

Source(s): Just Me. Experience.

Its called adveritising. The producers want a certain look. So thats what theyre advertising. I oftartistaen if this is something only artists understand. I dont find them perfect. There is something wrong with everyone. That "perfect" look is called makeup magic along with natural genetics and personal care for ones body.

Ive never found them to look too skinny. Too muscler maybe. I find them to look quite beautiful and healthy. Also, the type of model they use depends on the product they are selling. B/c they want a certain look. Again, its an artist and advertising thing. No one is telling other girls to look like that. They want to look like that for their own personal reason.

And i dont blame them. Those models are gorgeous. But ANYONE can look like that. U may not have the same body. But all it is is that glamorous BAM and WOW. The models give off that allure that makes other girls go "ooo i wanna look like that". That allure comes from the makeup, the glitsy sparkley outfits, the hair styling, and the lighting, and maybe throw some photoshop in there. Not to mention the talent to model.

People forget the makeup that happens behind the camera.

I just wish ppl would stop hating on the models. Most of the hate is b/c ppl r jealous. The company and artist wanted a certain look for advertising so they chose certain body types to keep it consistent and make a label that every company needs to make them stand out from the rest. And they used makeup magic and lighting and all the photography magic to make it so alluring

I don't exactly admire them, as I wouldn't be caught dead wearing such skimpy ensembles in public(I'm not even talking about what they model, I've seen what they where in everyday situations), but I do think they're beautiful. EDIT: And actually, they DO do something, try looking them up on wikipedia or something and it tells you they've done fashion shows and given all the money to charity, and stuff like that. And since when does a woman being beautiful automatically mean they've had plastic surgery or are anorexic? Yea, some are, but not all.

No, they are for the most part, hot. A couple are too skinny for me, but that's why they have a few body styles among the models -- to appeal to a few different standards.

And yeah, in the modern world, you do have to stop eating crap and start using your body in order to look good. There's no reason to celebrate unhealthy living, laziness, or bad dietary choices.

That makes about as much sense as celebrating smoking.

• I agree they are overrated