blu
Lv 7
blu asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

In light of the recent string of controversies, why is Obama's approval rating up 2 points?

TPMDC

Poll Shows Obama’s Approval Inching Up Despite Scandals

Share this story on Facebook

Tweet this story

Email this story to a friend

President Barack Obama

Tom Kludt May 20, 2013, 10:03 AM 431

A recent string of scandals have threatened to beset President Barack Obama’s second term, but the latest CNN/ORC International poll released Sunday found that he has yet to pay a price in his approval rating for them.

In fact, Obama’s approval rating of 53 percent among American adults in the poll amounts to a 2-point bump since the previous CNN/ORC poll a month ago. Forty-five percent said they disapprove of Obama’s job performance, down two points since last month. Two months ago, the CNN/ORC poll showed Obama with an upside-down approval rating: 47 percent said they approved of the President while half said they disapproved.

Update:

ellis- Read the last sentence in my details where it says the CNN/ORC reflected Obama upside down w/ a 47% approval rating 2 months ago. I bet that figure was more suited to meeting your credibility rating for CNN ... lol.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • KH
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Republicans have destroyed their credibility. They have been screaming that the sky has been falling for over four years now. Everything that happens under this presidency is a scandal and newsworthy. They have made absolutely everything an issue. How can anyone forget these fabulouse Republican talking head "scandals"

Obama puts mustard on his hamburger! How UnAmerican!

Obama likes arugula! Elitist!

OH MY GOD! A marine was holding Obama's umbrella while he was giving a speech. THE NERVE.

The Republicans have been absolutely deranged with this president. NOBODY is listening to them anymore. They have ruined their brand. The only ones who believe them at this point are their solid base who is willing to believe anything to justify their hate of Obama.

AS these surveys have shown, Americans are paying attention to these events and have deemed them serious. However, since they haven't been linked to the president, it hasn't done anything to his approval numbers. If that changes, I am sure it will be reflected in the poll numbers. Most of Americans wait for actual facts, not the deranged hypotheticals that Fox News presents as reality.

• 7 years ago

I don't think it's despite the scandals, I think it's because of the scandals, just like Hillary's poll numbers are up too. The rising poll numbers are a defensive reaction to the manufactured scandal drama. It's like the last election. The most effective campaign for Obama was Romney.

• 7 years ago

Basically, Obama's approval rating begins at 47%, instead of 0.

He will ALWAYS have the approval of the 47%, no matter what he does.

47% of voters hover over Obama like the mother of a mentally challenged child, ready to defend him from any words of criticism.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because the country has no idea what is going on with these things. They just listen to left wing media that has given zero coverage on it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

You're not as uninformed as the general public. I was never asked for my opinion .

• 7 years ago

Because hes really the man we can trust, No man can we completely trust. Republicans leave a great and wide deal to be desired.Obama look like Gold in comparison.

• 7 years ago

CNN, give us a break.....GOOD GRIEF!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.