"The Gray Church With the ATMs"...could you accept this poem as truth?

. The alligator slithers through rough waters, eyes always above level. Tail undulating 10 feet behind it. It is following something on the marsh bank. Hungry, always hungry. The alligator laid its eggs, and now there will be more of them, many more. I open the window high above the river, yell,... show more .

The alligator slithers through rough waters,
eyes always above level.
Tail undulating 10 feet behind it.
It is following something on the marsh bank.
Hungry, always hungry.
The alligator laid its eggs, and now there
will be more of them, many more.
I open the window high above the river,
yell, "Go away, you ugly thing! Go away."
The alligators eyes submerge.
Where is it going, why, for what purpose?
Is it stalking below waters?

And from somewhere I remember these words:
'Oh come all ye faithful...'

.
Update: Story behind this poem: Went to a friend's house yesterday, Sunday, and remarked about the million dollar Baptist church being built. ( huge monstrosity ) I said "Wouldn't it be so much better to give all that money, in food, etc., to the poor? He replied "You don't know about the one with... show more Story behind this poem:

Went to a friend's house yesterday, Sunday, and remarked about the million dollar Baptist church being built. ( huge monstrosity )
I said "Wouldn't it be so much better to give all that money, in food, etc., to the poor?
He replied "You don't know about the one with the ATMs in it?"

That sent me to the roof.