Alex G
Alex G asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 7 years ago

Questions about USAA auto insurance, credit cards?

I've had auto insurance w/ USAA forever, and never shopped around until now. I have gotten some quotes that are cheaper, but I hear that USAA will NOT match lower quotes. So what should I do? If I go to another insurer, and a couple years later USAA quotes me a lower rate, can I go back to USAA? Is there any problem with that?

Would USAA lower my auto insurance premium if I open a checking account and/or apply for a credit card with them?

If I have bad credit, but have used USAA forever for my auto insurance, will they be more lenient in approving me for a credit card? (I only want one in order to start rebuilding my credit - I will charge less than 10% of my available credit every month and pay it in full every month... this is the way to do it, right?)

Best Answer

NO ONE can "match" lower quotes. Insurance doesn't work that way. Rates are filed and approved by your state insurance commissioner, and insurance companies cannot deviate from them. They can't lower rates if you have a checking account or credit card with them.

To be with USAA, you have to be active or retired military, or the child or spouse of an active or retired military person. Only you know how it is you qualify to be with them now, and if you might still have that standing in a few years.

Auto insurance won't get you a credit card, if you have bad credit.

First you need to make sure the lower quotes are comparing apples and apples.

- Any car insurance company can give you a lower quote, if you take lower coverage amounts = which potentially put your financial situation at risk.

USAA will not charge the rate based on any other services you have with them, except additional insurance. If you bundle - home & auto insurance you will get a discount.

If this is the only service you use of USAA, you may lose eligibility to have an account with them in the future if you close this account. Only they would be able to answer that question.

First off, everything any individual has told you about how unique USAA is? Obviously, positively true. They're potent. I was once rear-ended less than per week ago, and not handiest have been they highly supportive, but the repairs are already paid for. They've been in regular contact through telephone and e mail, and are fairly going out of their technique to deal with me. I handiest have auto insurance by means of them, so I can not answer for his or her property insurace. I did some price comparisons earlier than signing up, and that i don't forget them being less than Geico. I don't keep in mind the distinctive amount, however i am no longer surprised that you'd be saving that much cash. Even though I pay all of my coverage charges online, I nonetheless receive the paper statements. On every announcement, you might have the choice of paying either the 4-month plan or the 6-month "accelerated" plan. It is very flexible--you could switch from one quantity to the opposite (and again) and not using a main issue. Which you could additionally established automated repayments in case you want, and adjust the amount if need be.

I would recommend one to visit this site where onel can compare rates from different companies: http://INSURECOMPAREQUOTES.US/index.html?src=5YAGF...

RE :Questions about USAA auto insurance, credit cards?

Follow 4 answers

Source(s): I would recommend one to visit this site where onel can compare rates from different companies: http://INSURECOMPAREQUOTES.US/index.html?src=5YAGF...