Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Why do Christians pretend they are trying to "save" atheists?

We all know Christians don't care one little bit about our well-being, in fact, they are actively looking forward to us going to hell and seething with murderous, hateful joy at the thought of us burning. Furthermore, Christians know they're not going to convince us, which renders their attempts futile and dishonest, and that explains why their attempts to "save" us are always half-hearted and insincere. They think if they pretend to care about us, then Jesus will add yet another wing full of solid gold statues of Ronald Reagan onto their mansion in heaven.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You're right, but I doubt that there are any christians on here who are honest enough to admit it.

• 7 years ago

It seems to me like you've had some pretty bad experiences with Christians trying to witness to you. I don't know you personally, but it really makes me sad that you think that all of us are looking forward to you going to hell. Sometimes we do know that we can't convince you, but we have to say that we tried. And I personally would not want to see anyone go to hell if I could keep it from happening. Just because we think it won't work doesn't mean that our attempts are insincere. There's a verse in the Bible that says that one person sows, one waters, but God provides the increase. Basically that means that means that a lot of people play a part in one person coming to Christ. We know that even if you don't just automatically become a Christian, what we said had an effect and and a purpose. I hope that if you don't understand this now, you will in the future, and that you will meet a Christian that genuinely cares about you.

• Comfty
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

That's not true. You shouldn't generalize. I'm a Christian and I don't want to see anyone go to Hell. I wasn't always a Christian and was headed for Hell myself. And Thank God someone was willing to let me hear the Gospel.

Also, we don't get any solid gold statues of Ronald Regan lol. Why would anyone want that?

Source(s): The Bible. Christians don't save people. Jesus Christ does.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Most Intelligent question tonite (besides mine).

Christians enjoy a feeling of superiority because of their delusional beliefs. However, many atheists could be accused of the same. The difference is...at least we don;t try to enforce our value system upon others. Republican politicians use Christians as "dupes" to gain wealth and influence.

Nobody tries to manipulate atheists or agnostics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Jesus told them to. They are required to pretend to save us.

That way we have no excuse, and can go to Hell and burn forever; and it's our own fault because we can't say they didn't tell us so.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Christians can not save anyone let alone Atheists. Their book states that only their god can do such but that doesn't stop them from trying now does it.

Source(s): Atheist.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Genuine Christians do care and try to save atheists..They're sinners too and not perfect like everyone else. I am a Christian and many of my relatives are not and i do care about their well-being.

• ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

They are deluded,

meaning they don't know if they are trying to "save" us or just pretend too.

The real joke is that they feel qualified to do either.

• Snake
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

I think some of them genuinely care about us but the one's that you described are the extremists.

• 7 years ago

I am not. It just comes with the package if you come to this forum. You kind of in the middle of it all.

• 7 years ago

No one pretends.

News flash youngin.. many of us have non Christian children, relatives or friends, if you think anyone is "actively looking forward" you got it 100% twisted. You sound pretty bent.

Get some help asap. Your mind's not healthy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.