Oklahoma! audition song?

Hi all! Pretty soon I'll be auditioning for a local production of Oklahoma!. The audition requires 32 bars of a song from a classic musical. I've been going through all the songs I've done that meet this criteria, but can't choose which one to sing:

The Sound of Music (Sound of Music)

Something Good (Sound of Music)

Waitin' For My Dearie (Brigadoon)

Before I Gaze at You Again (Camelot)

I Could be Happy with You (The Boy Friend)

I'll Know (Guys and Dolls)

Getting to Know You (The King and I)

Goodnight My Someone (The Music Man)

In case it wasn't clear from my songs, I'm auditioning for the part of Laurie. Any thoughts on which one I should choose?

Favorite Answer

I'd go with "I'll Know" since the tone of that song is very much like Laurie singing to a man she loves about knowing when she'll be in love (People Will Say We're in Love).

Waitin' For My Dearie (Brigadoon)

I think the sound of music would be just perfect, considering that it is such a wellknown, classic sort of song and I think it would fit right in with this play. Well break a leg! ♥

Goodnight My Someone.

• Lisa

Here are some great FEMALE SOLOS for Auditions A BRAND NEW DRESS... Coco A FOGGY DAY IN LONDON TOWN. Damsel in Distress A JOURNEY TO A STAR.. The Gang's all Here A LADY OF SENSIBILITY.. Lady Pirates of capt. Bree A SINGER MUST BE FREE... The Nightingale A WAY BACK TO THEN.. Title of Show A WEEK-END IN THE COUNTRY.. A Little Night Music ALL MY LOVIN'... Across the Universe ALMOST LIKE BEING IN LOVE.. Brigadood ANOTHER DAY... Rent ANOTHER HUNDRED PEOPLE.. Company ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST... We Will Rock You APPLAUSE... Applause AROUND THE WORLD... Grey Garden BACK TO BASE... Closer than Ever BACK TO BEFORE.. Ragtime BACKWOODS BARBIE.. 9 to 5 BE MY HOST... No Strings BE ON YOUR OWN... Nine BEFORE I KISS THE WORLD GOODBYE.. Jennie BLESS THE LORD.. Can Do BOUNCE ME BROTHER.. Swing BREATH... In the Heights BUENOS AIRES... Evita CAFÉ CONTINENTAL... Big CANDLE IN THE WATER.. Pete's Dragon C'EST MAGNAFIQUE... Can Can COLORED WOMAN... Memphis COWBOY TAKE ME AWAY... Urban Cowboy DANCE 10, LOOKS 3... A Chorus Line DAY BY DAY.. Godspell DIVA'S LAMENT.. Spam DON'T STOP BELIEVIN.. Rock of Ages EASY TERMS.. Blood Brothers ESCAPE... Escape EVERY STORY'S A LOVE STORY... Aida EVERYTHING'S BRIGHT.. Dance of the Vampires EVERYTHING ELSE.. Next to Normal FEELINGS YOU'VE GOT TO HIDE... Sideshow FIFTY PERCENT.. Ballroom FLASHDANCE...WHAT A FEELING.. Flashdance FLY ME TO THE MOON.. Come Fly Away FLY ME TO THE FUTURE.. The Vanities FOLLOW YOUR HEART... Urintown GET HAPPY... Everyday Rapture GIMME LOVE.. Kiss of the Spider Woman GLITTER AND BE GAY ... Candide GRAND AVENUE... Flower Drum Song GRIZABELLA THE GLAMOUR CAT... Cats GROWING UP CATHOLIC.. Nunsense HAPPY EASTER... Easter Parade HELL NO.. The Color Purple HOLDING ON.. Secret Garden HOLDING TO THE GROUND... Falsettoland HONEY, HONEY.. Momma Mia TEACHER DON'T TEACH ME NO NONSENSE... Race HOW LUCKY CAN YOU GET.. Funny Lady I AIN'T GOT TIME.. Zanna Don't I DON'T KNOW HIS NAME... She Likes Me I GOT RHYTHM... Girl Crazy I HATE MUSICALS... Ruthless I KEEP REMEMBERING YOU... Yank I MIGHT GROW FOND OF YOU.. Sunny I NEVER SAID I LOVE YOU... Dear World I WANT IT ALL.. Baby I WAS WAY AHEAD AND SEESAW.. Seesaw I'LL BE WAITING THERE... Kristina I'M A WOMAN... Smokey Joe's Café IMAGINE... Lennon INSIDE YOUR HEART.. Bad Boy IT MIGHT AS WELL BE SPRING... State Fair\ IT NEEDS WORK... City of Angels IT WON'T LET US LEAVE... Evil Dead JUST AROUND THE RIVER BEND.. Pocahontas IT'S NEVER ENTERED MY MIND..Higher and Higher JUST WILD ABOUT HARRY.. Big Deal KEYS .. Passing Strange LADY'S MAID... Titanic LAY DOWN YOUR HEAD.. Violet LIGHT... The Adventures of Tom Sawyer LOOK FOR A SILVER LINING. Till the Clouds roll by LOOK TO THE RAINBOW... Finian's Rainbow LOSING MY MIND.. Fossee LOVE... Love me Tonight LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.. Carnival LOVE NEVER DIES... Love Never Dies LULLABY OF BROADWAY... 42nd Street MELTING MOGGY... Honk MISTER RIGHT... Love Life MOLL'S SONG... The Cradle Will Rock MY FUNNY VALENTINE... Babes in Arms MY OWN MORNING... Hallelujah Baby NO OTHER LOVE.. Me and Juliet NOBODY'S SIDE... Chess 100 WAYS TO LOSE A MAN.. Wonderful Town OOH! MY FEET... The most happy fella ONE NIGHT ONLY.. Dream Girls PARIS BY NIGHT.. Victor Victoria PASSONATE and TRUE..The Addams Family Musical. PROMISES PROMISES, Promises, Promises PURLIE... Purlie RAGS... Rags RAIN ON THE ROOF.. The Wild Party ROLL IN THE HAY.. The Young Frankenstein RUNNING IN PLACE... Steel Pier SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT... Peter Pan SCARLETT O'HARA AGAIN.. Gone with the Wind SEPTEMBER SONG... Lovemusik SHINE... Billy Elliot SOME DAY.. The Wedding Singer SON OF A PREACHER MAN... Enron THANK GOD I'M OLD... Barnum THE BARE NECESSITIES... The Jungle Book THE CALLING.. Altar Boyz THE GARDEN RAM... Two by Two THE MAN I LOVE.. Strike up the Band TRY TO REMEMBER.. The Fantastics U.N.C.O.U.P.L.E.D.... Starlight Express UNDER THE TREE.. Celebration WAITING FOR LIFE...Once upon this Island WITH ONE LOOK.. Sunset Boulevard WORDS, WORDS, WORDS.. Witches of Eastwick YOU'LL NEVER BE ALONE.A Tale of Two Cities YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.. Carousel