ryams27 asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 7 years ago

Should I drop Marco Estrada for Brandon McCarthy?

Estrada has obviously been terrible this season, but I've watched his starts and he still seems to have pretty electric stuff. Ks have been good (except for yesterday's start in which he only had 2), but he's given up a ton of bombs. McCarthy got off to a bad start this season, but he's been on fire lately. Who's the better play going forward?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Estrada has a K/9 above 8, BB/9 under 3, inducing more grounders/fewer liners/less fly balls, yet his HR/9 is up. SwStr% is up slightly, and his contact rate is down. I see the same things you are seeing in his starts. He's always going to be a bit prone to the HR, but he should settle down as a 3.50 ERA, 1.25 WHIP type of starter. Keep him.

Source(s): clutchfb.blogspot.com/
  • rebelo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i might say Brandon Rios. Marcos Maidana throws punches from extensive angles, permitting them to be considered far much less complicated than Rios' short slicing photos. If Rios' sticks in Maidana's chest and works on his head circulate, I see a prior due TKO for Rios' .

• bored
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

McCarthy, he has been great the last couple starts. Marco's K's aren't worth the ERA and WHIP that he gives.

• 7 years ago

that's a hard one there, honeslty i'd take Estrada over McCarthy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.