I get goosebumps when I see something stupid. Why?

I know this sounds weird, but it's true. If I'm showing my friends a video (for example) of something stupid, I get goosebumps. It's hard to describe, but it happens.

Um, Nagaru...I have NO CLUE what you are trying to say. Everyone else, thanks for the feedback.

• Naguru
    Favorite Answer

It depends on your liking. Discontinue seeing such stupid things, if you don't like.

In any case, I am not able to hear any sound. If possible, increase its volume.

Source(s): own.
  • James

Most likely it is due to embarrassment you feel for the person doing the stupid thing because you know how embarrassed you would be if you was the one doing it. Or, it could be you get them because you fear getting hurt if it was you doing it.

The same type of sensation happens to me viewing stupid things yet when I was young I had little or no fear of getting hurt.

A few days ago I watched a video about the view construction workers get of the Washington D.C. area as they are working on the Washington Monument. Every time the camera moved for an almost straight down shot I would get very strong tingling from head to toe. Problem is I have no fear of heights. This intense sensation only happens watching down from high structure on videos. I live on the 11th floor of a high rise building and have no problem looking out the window to the ground yet, when I had a friend video the same view and watched it I got the same intense sensation.

Darned if I know what causes it but it sure makes me feel weird.