U.S.A./World's, Best "Acoustics": OPERA-HOUSE and/or SYMPHONY HALL?

I responded to the following "Answers" question, link; my response was about having heard Margaret Truman sing (former President Harry S. Truman's daughter-?) : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmRXOU8ecVXNzebOwkxPuOrty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130510114656AA2LRkN And it got me to thinking:... show more I responded to the following "Answers" question, link; my response was about having heard Margaret Truman sing (former President Harry S. Truman's daughter-?) : http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

And it got me to thinking: from strictly an acoustical point of view, which of all the opera-houses and/or symphony halls in the U.S.A., and/or from a global perspective are the best, most renowned, in your opinion.

Even though YOU may not have experienced a live performance in any, still please feel free to venture an opinion.

I myself have not really attended live performances in very many of them.

ONLY: Kiel Auditorium (terrible) and Symphony Hall in St.Louis, Mo. (fair to.....not good) / San Francisco Opera (fair) and Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco (nothing to rave about) / Mormon Tabernacle St.Lake City, Utah (INCREDIBLE - GREAT) / some Hall in Louisville, Kentucky - sorry, can't recall the name, nor much of the performance; the best I can do and if my memory serves me correctly, is that it was conducted by William Steinberg with the Israeli Philharmonic.

Steinberg was one of those conductors famous for conducting a measure ahead of the score (know it has a distinct identity, but can't recall it).

I'm hoping against hope that perhaps someone might have attended a performance at the famous Festspielhaus in Bayreuth, Germany; where only Richard Wagner's operas are performed, and the orchestra pit is uniquely located completely out of sight under the stage.

So, in your opinion(s).......?

Thanks very much,

Alberich
Update: @@@ "i.jones": thought you had been abroad, to Europe? Didn't see the Concertgebeau or any orchestras/operas in Paris?
1 answer 1