Do you depend on your Religion or science for the future of Man and the Earth ?

Favorite Answer

What does science offer that explains the following?

Bio-chemist Isaac Asimov, a confirmed atheist, stated nonetheless that "the human brain is perfectly capable of handling any load of learning and memory which the human being is likely to put upon it, and a billion times more than that quantity too." No not one million, a billion times more.

Neurologist Dr Richard Restak in his book 'The Brain, The Last Frontier' writes, "How can [the human brain's capacity] be aligned with evolution's most fundamental thesis: natural selection proceeds in small steps, each of which must confer on its bearer a minimal, but nonetheless measurable, advantage?" How indeed?

Why would evolution confer upon us something so profoundly far in excess of what we need in our present lifetime? What does science offer to explain the astounding capacity of our brain? What sort of future can science offer that allows the brain to be utilized to its full potential? Does science provide a satisfying answer? No.

On the other hand, the Bible explains why we have been gifted with such a brain. It says that we were created to live forever in a paradise earth. [Genesis 1:27,28; 2:17; Psalms 37:29; Isaiah 65:17-25; Matthew 5:5; John 3:16; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:3,4] Isaiah 55:11 shows that that is God's unchangeable purpose for the earth.

So then, given the concept of living everlastingly in a paradise earth appeals to me, where every day I will awake feeling energized, and where life will always be full of interesting challenges and variety, with nothing at all to give me any cause for concern, where I'll feel completely secure and relaxed, then that has to be compelling reason to embrace my religious beliefs, don't you think?. Psalms 145:16 tell us, "You [God] are opening your hand and satisfying the desire of every living thing." What more could you want than that? Can science even begin to offer a future anything like that?

My determination is nicely expressed at Deuteronomy 30:19,20: "you must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days."

Source(s): Truth. Scrip refs from NWT

Bullshyt to those insisting its all religions fault. Might i remind those what science has brought with it? Yes science has brought great things, understanding, such as in the medical fields. But it also has brought along side it pollution with this industrial age, water with lead, cancer causing growth hormones injected into cattle. The dozens and dozens of Atomic/nuclear tests havnt polluted our air and land? And maybe science can even bring with it WW III when some pissed lil korean throws a tantrum ?

• Mike

Christ is the only hope for the future of man kind.

Science may have partially succeeded in making a more convenient neighborhood, but it's done nothing to bring about brotherhood.

I depend on reproduction for the future of humans. The Earth itself doesn't need religion or science for it's future.

• Religion first

Source(s): 76 years of common sense, 65 years of research and 50 years of Bible study and 40 years as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I don’t make any snap decisions.

Religion had more than 5000 years of unchallenged rule to make the world a better place. Science has done more in the past 300 than religion did in the 5000 years that preceded it. I like results. Testable, provable, repeatable results.

Science is trying it's best to give us a future.

Religion is doing it's damnedest to prevent that.

Which would you p[refer, the extinction religion would cause on it's own, or a good life provided by hard working people?

Your call.

If anyone is depending on my religion for anything they're in for disappointment...kinda like chili with no beans

Neither, I place my trust in Jesus Christ. He is sovereign, not religion and not science.

if truth be known you would understand that God works in harmony with science. None of us know enough about either one to figure it out yet.