Aliya asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 7 years ago

German or Spanish?????

I'm requires to take one of those as a secon language but I'm not sure which I should do. I really like both cuz Spanish sounds so interesting and not a lot of people I know in the US speak German. But at the same time Spanish is a language half the US speaks and German seems kinda hard. Which do you think is best?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Since you live in the US, I would think that Spanish would be better suited for your situation. German isn't very difficult (it's quite similar to English), but I personally think that Spanish is easier. German and Spanish are both beautiful languages, but you will probably use Spanish more, especially in Arizona, Texas, Florida, California, and New Mexico.

• 7 years ago

What a great opportunity you have :)

Spanish is a beautiful language, though I am a little biased. Well, I think German is beautiful also.

Yes, German is hard. So is Spanish. Languages are like this, you get out of it what you put into it. I used to speak German, and moderately, but as I didn't have much practice, I lost it. Language is a skill, use it or lose it.

German is closer to English (As they are both Germanic languages), though English has been waaaay more derived since its origination. Any language is worth learning, but you have to give it your all. Languages are big, and what you learn in school barely gets your feet wet, so think about that.

Also, if you live in the US, Spanish would likely be more beneficial for you to learn, I wont lie. There are millions of Spanish speakers here in the US, besides it really is a very pretty language. So if you do it, and continue it, it would be worth it.

Not that German wouldn't, German is really a wonderful language as well. The culture is beautiful. Any language you learn is useful to you, whether or not you pursue it later in life. It really helps expand your knowledge and you grow as a person, at least I think so.

Just review each language and see what you like better. Its a matter of personal decision, really. Best of luck to you :)

Source(s): Bilingual
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Both German and Spanish language is beautiful and good but i think you want to learn Spanish language because most of the peoples in this world prefer the Spanish language as compare to the German language.

• 3 years ago

Having studied all 4 at various levels, i could say that German is the toughest. The spoken German interior reason problem-free for an English speaker to learn. Spanish and French are linguistically conventional the comparable way. Latin is the muse of the two Spanish and French, and Latin is an extremely friendly language, whether the sentence shape is weird and wonderful, and that they could have a gender related to each and each situation. German, in spite of the shown fact that, is between the grammatically maximum complicated languages available. They even conjugate their articles. those anybody is whacked out (no offense to them).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Hablo Español bien. Ich spreche auch gut Deutsch.

But I am Belgian, so your situation is different.

In the USA, German is less important, unless you work

for a firm, who does business with a German firm.

All depends of what you are planning to do after your studies.

So, if you do not know now choose Spanish.

You always can learn another language later.

• 7 years ago

I suggest you should learn Spanish, because is one of the 2 languages that are most popular. Haven't you ask yourself: Where would i use German? and where would i use Spanish? the answer is easy: German: In Germany. Spanish: mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Peru,el Salvador, Espana, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Argentina, Chile,etc.

It will also help you in the US when you grow up and the need of a spanish speaker is critical in a job

• 7 years ago

If you're in the US, saying you speak Spanish is like saying you speak English. It's not unique at all anymore. Go with German, be different!

Source(s): Not learning Spanish for the above reason.
  • 7 years ago

Yo te recomiendo ampliamente el ESPAÑOL, porque son MÁS PERSONAS LAS QUE LO HABLAN.

¿No te gustaría entender lo que te escribí?

Muchos saludos... hasta luego.

Source(s): Pepe Pipo
  • 7 years ago

I think you should do German in my opinion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.