Poll - Do you actually think vegetarians are healthy?

• luna
    Favorite Answer

Most people who become vegetarian do their home work on healthy foods. Therefore, they would know what is good for them. A healthy diet is important for all of us, vegetarian or otherwise.

So in answer to your question, they should be if they are eating healthy foods. xx

• I'm a vegetarian and I am 100% healthy, I haven't gotten a cold or anything for 2 years...

Guys, veterinarians can take vitamins and pills to get the extra protein, I do and I don't see the big deal, we are actually heather than most people if you do it the right way!

• squidy

I think it can be hard to be healthy as a vegetarian, and I think a lot of them don't do it as effectively as they could, and miss a lot of nutrients. So when I see a skinny vegetarian who is proud of being healthy, I sort of roll my eyes because they look like they need protein, or just more calories. But it's possible to be healthy, yes.

I have a vegetarian friend and let me tell you he is perhaps the most healthiest guy I know, rarely is ill, good skin, fit, lean and healthy.

in my opinion vegetarians are healthy as they eat plants basically from its natural form.

don't forget guys we can get protein from other forms other than meat.

Yes. I"m vegetarian and 71 years of age.

I still run hard 3 times a week. lift weights and go hillwalking.

Can you do this?

I've know a vegetarian. She is a very obviously healthy person.

So yes.

• ?

the ones that do it right and eat some form of protein like eggs usually tend to be healthy but the ones that just eat their greens and don't have any source of calcium, protein, healthy fats, or grains are the ones that might not be healthy.

Some are, and some are not. There are vegan professional bodybuilders, and then there are eating-disordered vegetarian-wannabe college students who end up having to be hospitalized when they totally neglect certain essential nutrients.

Yes they actually are!

Vegetarian diets are lower in saturated fats, cholesterol and animal protein, and higher in fiber and folate than non-vegetarian diets. Consequently, vegetarians tend to have substantially reduced risks for obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, osteoporosis, and some forms of cancer - particularly lung cancer and colon cancer. In western countries, vegetarians often live longer, on average, than non-vegetarians.

Yes they are.

I know you think it isn't because meat is protein and you need it, but there are other proteins. In order to be a healthy vegetarian you need to eat green vegetables and beans because they are the only other protein