USDA Rural Development home loan amount?

Let's say my husband and I have a total annual income of 40,000. Let's say we want to look into purchasing a home through the USDA Rural Development program. The only debt we are paying off at the moment is our car payment of 230/month. I don't yet know what our credit score is, but we've never... show more Let's say my husband and I have a total annual income of 40,000.
Let's say we want to look into purchasing a home through the USDA Rural Development program.
The only debt we are paying off at the moment is our car payment of 230/month.
I don't yet know what our credit score is, but we've never missed a car payment and before we bought the car we just didn't have any credit. So I'm assuming it's decent, as we'd never been in debt prior to buying the car.

What would the loan amount be through the USDA? As in, what would the maximum amount be?
Basically I'm looking for a "window" so we can plan ahead.
Update: My parents used USDA to buy a home when I was young. It was a nice 4 bed, 2 bath brick home on a 1 acre lot in a nice, quiet neighborhood with nice people. It was also close to schools, shopping, and both of my parents' jobs. Typically, with Rural development, you can get a home just about anywhere so long as... show more My parents used USDA to buy a home when I was young. It was a nice 4 bed, 2 bath brick home on a 1 acre lot in a nice, quiet neighborhood with nice people. It was also close to schools, shopping, and both of my parents' jobs.
Typically, with Rural development, you can get a home just about anywhere so long as it's not in a larger city. I live in what I would consider a large town, and any home in the area is eligible for the program.
I'm not scared of zero down. I saw my parents do it and handle it just fine. The alternative would be to save up? But my husband and I can't necessarily do that while we're renting a house. We'd rather own one.
Anyway, I wasn't asking for opinions on the program. I want a window/estimate.