Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Why am I still feeling bad about past sins?

Why am I still repenting over sins of the past. I acted like a bit of a **** with my first boyfriend & I ended up falling in love with him. I haven't seen him for 10 years & I have married another man. I have been to confession & have confessed my sins of the past so why I am still feeling bad about what I did in the past?

Favorite Answer

Jesus went to all that trouble, to come to earth as a Man, to die for you, to be your advocate in Heaven...yet you go to a human being...a man as sinful as yourself (for all have sinned...if he were left out it wouldn't be "all" now would it?)...and you think that man can forgive you?

Silly.

The way to the Throne of Grace has been opened to you...the veil was torn, remember?

Take your confession DIRECTLY to the One Who can forgive you. Don't be shy about it...He is your Heavenly Father, and He loves you so much that He died for you. Get on your knees, and confess your sins to Him, believing His promise to put them as far from you as the east is from the west.

And then, when you feel bad about those past sins, remember that Jesus says "What sin? I have forgotten all about that..." And you can forget all about it, too.

That is the wonderful thing about Jesus Christ...He gives you the opportunity to be a brand new person.

Love the husband you have, and be happy.

Source(s): The Poor Widow's Two Cents

you havent read the bible and your man probably dont know it either, a man should teach the women the righteous laws for they can bring order and righteous judgement so you discern good of evil. Read it and you will understand. You are selfish, this is why you live in your past, thinking of what it was and you want that and more so this is what a demon means, to be selfish, you canot see further then the tip of your nose, you do not see what you have and if is good or bad what you have on the contrary everything you have now may be of great value yet you do not see it for the things you wish for are not for you and they are things of the past, pleasant experiences, almost like perfect but is not. You dont know your wrong doings so you will not mention them in your prayers, is impossible for you to understand what humble mean or if it is ok to be humble. Being humble for you means to be weak, this is the demonic thinking. Accept that all that you know is little below nothing, there is so much to know out there in the world and not everything is of evil, there is good spread everywhere all around but to discern you need to read first, read the bible, ask your husband to read it to you, this is how it should be done and you will better understand and learn not to upset God anymore but to turn your own pity whole self to Him and please Him whit the struggling of keeping His laws accordingly and to judge yourself and when you judge someone do it for yourself only and do not point fingers at anyone except telling the people the truth, the wrong doings and that all this truth is simply by two written down in this book. Only a man you wrong is capable to forgive you when you ask him to do so by saying sorry and no damned satanic priest from any church is not capable to forgive your sins to God The Holy Father except The Holy Sacrificed Son. Yes this is why nowadays priests are evil satanic and acting as antichrists, they ask you to go to theyr churches so they take your sins and say to you that your sins are forgiven when the real problem is still out there, you still have a problem whit your sister, brother, mother, father, relatives, neighbors etc. Well, but what do i know? I am nobody and nothing compared whit you, i dont have a preaching diploma neither good english grammar and i think maybe i sound offending to you and stuff so probably you wont even bother to read but whit all this sayd may it be that God bless you and your family and all of us, may He save as many as possible of the worlds people.

Peace.

Might help if you confess them directly to Jesus and ask Him for forgiveness instead of a man -

Hebrews 4:14-16 (KJV)

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

1 John 1:9 (KJV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Everybody sins. And an unpleasant result of sin is the feeling of guilt. On one hand, feelings of guilt are a blessing, because they push us towards God. Just like physical pain drives us to find out what’s wrong, the spiritual pain of guilt causes us to seek forgiveness. God has promised to forgive anyone, no matter what the sin, when the sinner turns to Jesus Christ in faith (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). Repentance (the confession that we are sinful and the desire to see God change our hearts) is part of that faith.

When we feel guilty, there are a few things we can do:

1. Confess to God, in prayer, any sin that is on your conscience. Sometimes when we feel guilty, it is simply because we are guilty, and we need to confess our sin and be relieved by a reminder of God’s forgiveness (Psalm 32:3-5).

2. Ask God to help you see anything in your life that needs to be confessed and changed. Be totally honest with Him (He knows everything about you anyway!). Pray the words of Psalm 139:23-24, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

3. Remember that God has promised to forgive your sin and take away your guilt by way of the blood of Christ. Trust that promise (1 John 1:9; Psalm 85:2; 86:5; Romans 8:1).

4. When guilt still afflicts you, even after you’ve confessed and forsaken your sins, then those feelings are 'false guilt'. Remember that God has been true to His promise and has forgiven you. You are justified in His eyes. Meditate on Bible passages that reiterate God’s promise to forgive, like Psalm 103:8-12.

5. Pray that God would make you deaf to Satan’s accusations. Ask Him to restore your joy in salvation and give you freedom from guilt (Psalm 51:12; Psalm 32).

I think you should just confess them to God, ask him to forgive you, & repent. I don't think you should give your mother all the details but simply tell her that you've done things that you are not proud of but now you have got things right with God(when you do) & you are turning over a new leaf. If you feel that you need to confess to a person why don't you try to find a good church & a youth minister that you think is trustworthy?

Because you are human, and we are not perfect. Guilt is a normal human feeling, and we were made to feel it. Just keep asking god for forgiveness for all your sins through prayer, god is the most merciful, the most oft-forgiving. Don't feel guilty, about feeling guilty. We live and learn.

Source(s): just a thought.

It is Satan who reminds us of our past sins. Don't look back. Keep moving forward. We can't change the past. God forgave now you must forgive self.

• MYOB

there is a saying. Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a Gift. Embrace the gift. Your first has moved on, just don't be a jerk to the one who loved you enough to marry you.

You should think about the times which is left for you to repent and be close to god, and forget about your sins because i am sure god will forgive you, god loves everyone!

• YARA

confess your sins to GOD. and ask him to take the guilt out...

get a promise from god about it through bible....