Why do ugly white guys get to date hot non white women?

I see this type of thing all the time. My niece is dating a man that is much older(she is 24 he is 34), he looks young for his age and could pass for 25, but he is well below average in looks. My niece is biracial(black, polish and anglo american) and gorgeous, she gets told she looks like cassie and jessica alba... show more I see this type of thing all the time. My niece is dating a man that is much older(she is 24 he is 34), he looks young for his age and could pass for 25, but he is well below average in looks. My niece is biracial(black, polish and anglo american) and gorgeous, she gets told she looks like cassie and jessica alba combined, with thick curly hair, double eyelashes and a slim curvy body, this guy is just so homely and boderline ugly. He is not very tall(my niece is 5'9 and he is only about an inch taller), patchy facial hair, pale as the day is long, skinny as hell, and a huge jewish nose, you can tell he is half jewish before he even tells you. He has nothing going for him looks wise.

My niece is all over his ***, the only thing he has going for him is he just got out of med school and is working on being a pstchiatrist. He has a double pre-med and psychology undergrad which works because my neice is insane(really, the poor girl has been having breakdowns on and off since she was a young teen. Her teen years were littered with suicide threats, meltdowns and lack of social contact, as far as I know she was still a virgin at 23).

She is all over him and doesn't even live in her apartment, she spends most of her time at his place having sex with him and playing house. She thinks he is the sexiest thing ever. I just don't get it, why would she turn down an Idris Elba look alike to sleep with this ugly man? To top it off he is a bit of a jerk he told me "I would never want my wifes career competing with my own I don't mind her being a secretary or stay at home wife". He thinks he is hot **** because he has a girlfriend that looks like a model and his friends girlfriends are plain and frumpy and overweight. He loves showing her off, she walks around the house naked and he doesn't mind. She just has to be the hottest woman he has ever dated. His ex is a hot mess(33 but going gray, overweight, wrinkles).

Her father is just fine with it, he says "at least he will be able to care for her". My neice is a secretary and doesn't make much. I just don't understand why such a beatiful girl has had such low self esteem and so many psychiatric issues. She looks like a model but still had a horrible experience as a teen, suicide threats, depression, no friends, no ambition. Men his on her left and right but she probably was a virgin up until she met this guy. This is the only man I know of her dating. If I had her looks and smarts at her age I would use them more spropriately. She is very smart but dropped out of college, she could have easily obtained an MBA by now but was happy as hell being a secretary living in a tiny apartment. Please help me understand this?