Why would anyone break into my car to steal about $2 worth of coins in car ashtray?

When I went in my car I noticed my ash tray was completely empty. I usually keep spare changes I got from drive thrus but EVERY coin is gone. Nothing else was stolen.

Should I even bother reporting this to the police?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

Unless there is a broken window or sign of forced entry the police will not even take down a report for it.

And they will do this because they are now $2 richer. And if there was damage, they do not have to pay for it.

• pmc123
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

If you left it in sight, you asked for it. It costs a thief nothing to smash your window or pry your door to get to your belongings - no matter what the value. I had $1200 of damage done to my hatchback when someone pried it with a crowbar to steal my roadside emergency kit. In retrospect, it resembled a portable bar - and that was enough motivation to make them try.

• 7 years ago

You say broke into my car ? bet the door was unlocked and yes their are bad guys who would take your change and run. Forget about a police report because they have more important cases to work on.

• 7 years ago

Might be loose change to you but its dinner to someone who's got nothing, lesson to be learnt don't leave valuables on view in your car

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

So was your doors unlocked? Or windows smashed?

If not you probably spent the money...

• 7 years ago

i wouldnt depends how much it was but if u left it open or unlocked lesson learned hopefully lol

• 7 years ago

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.