GEORGE asked in 社會與文化語言 · 8 years ago

幫我訂正以下幾句!謝謝!

1. The following sentences have been taken from business letters. Rewrite them in simpler language, correcting any faults in style.

a. We trust the goods we have despatched to you will meet with your approval.

My answer. We trust our goods will meet with your approval.

b. We are in receipt of yours of the 24th ult. and thank you for same.

My answer: Thank you for the letter of the 24th.

c. We trust our goods will sufficiently interest you to secure your esteemed orders.

My answer: We trust we can meet your orders.

d. I have pleasure in enclosing herewith this year's price list and again beg to solicit the favour of your esteemed orders.

My answer: I enclose this year's price list and again beg to place the order.( no idea how to rewrite the last part of the sentence)

e. We are in receipt of your esteemed enquiry of the 16th inst. and have pleasure in forwarding a copy of our catalogue under separate cover.

My answer: We have received your enquiry of the 16th, May and have pleasure in forwarding a copy of our catalogue separately.

To. MingLam Choi,

c) We believe you will be interested in our product and give us "an" order.

可是原文是orders,你把題目改成單數囉!

e) Thank you for your inquiry on 16th this month. It is my pleasure to provide you with our catalogue which will be sent separately. 前面寫得很好,但後面看起來不太順暢~~可以改成I'm pleased to sent you our catalogue separately呢?

Rating
    Favorite Answer

a - e 都是中式英語。很難百分百確定它想說什麼。

ult 是 ultimo,上月的縮寫。

inst 是 本月

a) We trust you will approve the goods we sent you.

b) We have received the letter you sent us on 24th last month. Thank you.

c) We believe you will be interested in our product and give us a order.

d) I have enclosed the price list of this year and I am looking forward to your order.

e) Thank you for your inquiry on 16th this month. It is my pleasure to provide you with our catalogue which will be sent separately.

2013-05-23 14:36:28 補充:

我打錯了,是眾數。

c) We believe you will be interested in our products and give us your orders.

可以改成 I'm pleased to sent you our catalogue separately 嗎?可以呀。