Were Adam and Eve married?

If not, why should we get married to have a baby?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Genesis 2:23-24

The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called ‘woman,’

for she was taken out of man.”

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

======

What this seems to indicate is that the first verse is Adam 'marrying' Eve. The second verse then establishes this precedent as a prescriptive practice for the rest of us to follow.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Yes they were husband and wife....it is in the bible! God Created Adam and Eve....from the beginning.

JESUS SAID.......

(Matthew 19:3-9) 3 And Pharisees came up to him, intent on tempting him and saying: “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on every sort of ground?” 4 In reply he said: “DID YOU NOT READ THAT HE WHO CREATED THEM FROM {THE} BEGINNING MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE 5 AND SAID, 'FOR THIS REASON AND MAN WILL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND HIS MOTHER AND WILL STICK TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO WILL BE ONE FLESH? 6 SO THAT THEY ARE NO LONGER TWO, BUT ONE FLESH. THEREFORE, WHAT GOD HAS YOKED TOGETHER LET NO MAN PUT APART.

(Genesis 2:23-25) 23 Then the man said: “This is at last bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, Because from man this one was taken.” 24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh. 25 And both of them continued to be naked, THE MAN AND HIS WIFE, and yet they did not become ashamed.

People are always looking for a reason to live without Jehovah God and his laws and principles....Why??? It is for our protection. God's doesn't get Aids or Syphilis, unwanted pregnancies. (God has not changed...there was never meant to be FORNICATION OR ADULTERY) At least the wife can care for her needs and the needs of their children when her husband dies legally. Jehovah instituted the family arrangement....he has that right as our creator. Husband (male + female) Wife= Offspring!

Best regards,

~Abigail~

Source(s): BIBLE NWT
  • 7 years ago

Times change.. are you going to give up all your modern conveniences and luxuries because Adam and Eve didn't have them?

The way things are done, and why, change with the way the world is..

• James
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There was no preacher around to marry Adam and Eve. Now, there are plenty of preachers and plenty of Justices of the Peace. For the sake of the child, it would be best if the parents were in a committed, life-long relationship. If they are NOT committed to the long-term welfare of the child, then please get a puppy or a kitten if you want something cute and cuddly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Yes

Source(s): Bible. Gen 2:20-24. http://www.deliverancefromdemons.com
  • 7 years ago

No, Adam and Eve were not married. There were no members of the clergy, and no justices of the peace to perform the ceremony.

• 7 years ago

No ; no Church would except them . The best reason to get marred is to strengthen your acceptance of the responsibility both for the children and each other with out it both of you are sluts.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No, I don't think marriage is mentioned. Eve was given as a helpmate to Adam. You know, like property. I don't know how old ;you are but being married has very little to do with being pregnant.

Work a little harder on making your point, please?

• voice
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes they were,God himself sanctified the marriage.

• 7 years ago

Yes, God would not disobey His own rule.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.