Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

1 tim 2:11-14 says that women cant be leaders(teachers) over men how is there women pastors.?

Favorite Answer

Why? Because their are imitation Christians who have catered to politics rather than keep close to the Bible, Or as one Priest told me, church tradition trumps the Bible.

Does that mean women are barred from serving God? No. Just not in a leadership position.

Look at Psalm 68:11

11 Jehovah* himself gives the saying;

The women telling the good news are a large army.

Notice it says a 'large army of women', NOT an army of large women.

Source(s): Holy Bible nwt
    • Lv 7
      4 years agoReport

This was Paul's view not the word of God.

The argument is that Jesus had no lady apostles, and the priesthood is meant to be a right away line from the apostles. yet whilst somebody believes the Bible, there are additionally verses approximately women individuals no longer being in value of guys and not conversing in church. the only people i'd desire to make certain calling it sexist would be those like me who recognizes a fiction e book when I see it. Is it sexist that purely women individuals could have little ones? in the event that they think of God desperate, this is it, no debate.

They are going against Bible principals...God did not plan for women to be leaders, even though we see many in the world today...does not make it RIGHT.

They were created to be SUPPORTERS of men's leadership....

The apostle Paul had Jesus' approval to write this...

(1 Timothy 2:12) I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence.

A female ' pastor' is trying to do this...against Jehovah and Jesus' direction.

Because they do this does not make it right.

Source(s): NWT

Same reason there are uneducated teachers and unChristian Christians.

3,253

The number of times that question has been asked this past week.

In a few places of the Bible, we find that the Apostle Paul said some things that were not inspired by God (see 1 Corinthians 11:3-10 and 1 Timothy 2:12-15). Although Paul was a Christian who was mightily used by God, we have to keep in mind that he was yet an imperfect human (as we all are) and we must be able to discern man’s flawed views from God’s word.

Adam was created before Eve but that doesn’t mean he was superior to Eve. Also, Adam was just as deceived as Eve and that’s why he ate the fruit.

In Christ, men and women are equal (Galatians 3:28). Both female and male believers in Christ are kings and priests unto God (Revelation 1:6) and God calls Christian women and men to ALL offices of ministry within the Church. In 1 Timothy 2:12, Paul said that he (not God) forbade women to teach men. In the Bible we see that God called many women to be leaders and teachers of men, women and children: prophets (Miriam, Deborah, Huldah, Isaiah’s wife, Philipp’s four daughters), military leader and judge (Deborah), disciples (Mary, Martha, Joanna, Mary Magdalene, Susanna, and “many more”), deacon (Priscilla), and church leader (Lydia).

Furthermore, in Acts 2:17-18 it says:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

In the Church, God calls many Christian women to be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors (or “shepherds”) and teachers of men, women and children.

In Ephesians 5:22, Paul instructs wives to submit to their husbands, however in the verse before he said that ALL Christians (both male and female) should equally submit themselves to one another:

Ephesians 5:21

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Both husband and wife must respectfully submit to each other. Neither is superior.

In Ephesians 5:25, Paul instructs husbands to love their wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

It is common sense that if the husband isn’t loving and righteous, the wife should not submit to him because as Christians, we are to obey God and not men.

On 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, it is understood that men should also stay silent while the preacher whether female or male is preaching, and if they missed or didn’t understand something, they should wait until later to ask their wives or a fellow brother or sister in Christ or do their own study. The main lesson is to not interrupt the service.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The truth about Jesus Christ can be found only in the Holy Bible. Three days after the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, He resurrected from the dead (Luke 24:1-8; Acts 10:40; 1 Corinthians 15:4) and 40 days later, He ascended into Heaven (Acts 1:3; Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:9-11).

Without God, the spiritual part of the human being is dead (Ephesians 2:5, Colossians 2:13). The sin of our first parents (Adam and Eve) caused the separation between God and man. Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Sin causes us to be separated from God which results in spiritual death. Christ, the 2nd Person of the Triune Godhead was made flesh (through the immaculate conception) and paid the price for our sins by dying on the cross so we could through faith in Christ as our Saviour be instantly redeemed and united to God and have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit who teaches us, comforts us and grants us fruits to live in righteousness and gifts to help and edify the Church. There is no redemption or unity to God apart from receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as one’s Saviour and Lord.

REDEMPTION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH

Because mankind is incapable of meeting God’s standard of perfection necessary to abide in God’s presence (Romans 3:19-20,23), God sent His Son Jesus Christ to pay the total debt for the believer’s sins and mercifully credits to his account Christ’s righteousness (Romans 3:21-28,5:1-11; 2 Corinthians 5:18-21). Jesus’ gracious act of atonement was complete and covers all sin (Colossians 2:13-14; 1 John 1:9). Salvation is not based on good deeds but according to the mercy of God (Titus 3:4-5). Believers are justified by faith; it is a gift by God’s grace (Romans 4:3-8; Ephesians 2:8-9). A true, living faith will result in a desire to live a holy, loving life of good works (Ephesians 2:10; Galatians 5:6; James 2:14-26), but failure to be absolutely successful at righteous living does not negate the believer’s justified status.

If you sincerely say this prayer, your sins will be washed away, you will be redeemed to God, be saved from eternal torment and inherit the Kingdom of God:

"Dear Jesus, I am a sinner. I repent of my sins. Please forgive me and save me by your shed blood. Come into my heart. I want to receive you as my own personal Lord and Savior. Amen"

https://victoryinjesuschrist.wordpress.com/

• Jack

Those damn liberals!