Would you hire a diabetic nanny?

I have an interview for a nanny position and feel very confident that I'm qualified for the job. The children are 3 and 6 years old and I have a lot of experience working with children of these ages. The only thing that I'm worried about is the fact that I have Type 1 Diabetes. To me, this is not a big... show more I have an interview for a nanny position and feel very confident that I'm qualified for the job. The children are 3 and 6 years old and I have a lot of experience working with children of these ages. The only thing that I'm worried about is the fact that I have Type 1 Diabetes. To me, this is not a big deal. I check my blood sugar every few hours, inject myself with a shot six times a day (I do this very discreetly and dispose of the needles very carefully), and if I go low I eat a pack of fruit snacks and then I'm fine. I've never passed out or had any major problems. I want to be honest with the parents about my diabetes but I'm afraid that once they hear that I'm diabetic they'll feel like I'm incapable of taking care of their children and won't want to hire me. My question is this: would you (as parents) feel comfortable hiring a nanny that was a type 1 diabetic on shots?
13 answers 13