Would you hire a diabetic nanny?

I have an interview for a nanny position and feel very confident that I'm qualified for the job. The children are 3 and 6 years old and I have a lot of experience working with children of these ages. The only thing that I'm worried about is the fact that I have Type 1 Diabetes. To me, this is not a big deal. I check my blood sugar every few hours, inject myself with a shot six times a day (I do this very discreetly and dispose of the needles very carefully), and if I go low I eat a pack of fruit snacks and then I'm fine. I've never passed out or had any major problems. I want to be honest with the parents about my diabetes but I'm afraid that once they hear that I'm diabetic they'll feel like I'm incapable of taking care of their children and won't want to hire me. My question is this: would you (as parents) feel comfortable hiring a nanny that was a type 1 diabetic on shots?

• Best Answer

I'd say yes.

Source(s): Some studies show Yoga can prevent Diabetes, by the way. You might want to look into it. http://usminc.org/Health/Yogaasalternativemedicine...

1

Source(s): I Cured My Diabetes - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?lMzN

2

Source(s): My Diabetes Cured Completely : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?gkEk

My sister also has type 1 diabetes. The issue for me is I know that if your sugar gets too low you can faint and I'd have a paranoia of a faint nanny with my children. But, my overall decision would depend on how well you are with the kids and your qualifications. I would just be constantly calling you to make sure everything is in tact.

And I do have to say the way you handle the diabetes really shows how responsible you are. Which is a plus. Good luck.

I'm a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic. My doctor prescribed some medication, but before filling it I decided to do some research on the internet which led me to the methods. After reading this ebook and applying the methods, my scepticism turned to 100% belief. I noticed that my energy levels increased significantly and I felt more rested in the morning, my symptoms started going away.

I am very happy to tell you that I have been feeling better than I have felt in years and my doctor informed me that he will be taking me off my prescriptions if I keep this up.

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Yeah, I wouldn't care. Judging by these answers, it seems like a lot of people know someone with Type 1 diabetes and know that it's not a huge deal if it's managed and that it doesn't detract from your ability to care for a child.

High blood levels of glucose can cause several problems, including frequent urination, excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, weight loss, and blurry vision. However, because type 2 diabetes develops slowly, some people with high blood sugar experience no symptoms at all. How to treat diabetes naturally https://tr.im/iaHqZ

Symptoms of type 1 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Weight loss in spite of increased appetite

Fatigue

Nausea

Vomiting

Patients with type 1 diabetes usually develop symptoms over a short period of time, and the condition is often diagnosed in an emergency setting.

Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Increased appetite

Fatigue

Blurred vision

Slow-healing infections

Impotence in men

If you think you have diabetes i think you should have a checkup and speak with your doctor just in case.

• Sharon

I think mom becky wants to be a mom so bad that she went out and got herself some kids. the reason she has no control over the kids is because they don't understand where they are and they probably miss their home country and the they don't speak the language. and I will not be watching supper nanny

• Mandy

I would but my husband is diabetic so my oldest knows what to do just in case something happens. Be honest with the parents and let at least the oldest know. Maybe if the parents are ok with it, have the oldest ask questions about it. They should base the job off skills not a health condition.

Source(s): Good luck
  • Max

If it doesn't hinder you in any way from taking care of their children, then it doesn't matter. In most places, disclosure of your condition is required by law, while in others it is not. I would mention your condition, but only in passing and in a manner that puts the issue aside. Such as, if they say you can eat their food, you can say thank you, but I often prepare my own meals to watch my sugar levels. If they press, be up front with them. The worst thing you could do is not tell them and the kids mention you testing yourself in front of them or have them see your kit. Be honest.

I would have no issue with it as long as you're a good caretaker for my children. Actually, since my son has cystic fibrosis I'd feel a lot better with you as my son's caretaker because you know the importance of medicines and taking care of one's health.