I need some survival food ideas?

I finally got a b.o.b. (bug out bag) and am putting together a budget list of things to put in it. it has plenty of room but Im not sure what I should do for food. Im going off the 3 days 2 people rule of thumb. It will be in my car and the bag is a thick black canvas. I would like to avoid having to go online to buy food. Im just looking for ideas that I can buy in stores.

• chris
    Favorite Answer

Bring foods you like so that you will eat it. Go to your local grocer and take a walk down the easy prep rows these items you generally add water boil and eat. Too those you can add any canned or precooked meats such as smoked fish, chicken or beef. These foods have a very long shelf life and will satisfy your hunger nor cost an arm and a leg.

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv/ and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

• squidy

Mountain House is good, and REI is having a sale right now if you live near one. :)

But I kind of agree with Chris, just get some stuff at the grocery store that has a couple years shelf life and is easy to make. Crackers, PB, candy, trail mix, spam, beef jerky, bars, instant oatmeal, etc. Look for high calorie counts. (Forget most veggies for now.) You can switch it out before it goes bad, doing it every couple years is not much work.

MountainMan... I guess feels like he'd want to stop and prepare gourmet meals in the middle of a bugout situation, lol. But most of us would just want something easy so we could focus on other things.

• Scott

Look into getting some life boat rations. Probably would want other things as well, but these are a good supplement. They don't taste too bad, and hold up well to the heat that can be expected from being stored in a car.

This is a good source for a variety of foods.

http://theepicenter.com/

• ?

Get cheaps meals that makes you extra full. If an apple makes you believe much less hungry then mac and cheese or something, buy the thing with the intention to make you cost much less hungry that means you is not going to devour as so much. Additionally, you can go to your associates residence to devour. I suppose that you can also bypass breakfest a number of days.

You can always get canned goods as well as dried foods from supermarkets. Just don't forget to add wheat, milk, honey, and salt for your food survival plan.

Trail mix, beef jerky, canned fruit or vegetables, peanut butter, energy bars, water filter, hand held can opener.

Great idea many more people should be preparing for like this!

Instant brown rice, olive oil, salt, powdered milk, pancake mix, pie filling, oatmeal, brown sugar.