Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

What is this Eurovision?

I'm sorry but I don't know what it is. I heard someone saying something about it being a contest.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Astrid
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

It's the Eurovision Song Contest (the entire name probably says it all), in which the European countries each nominate a singer or a band and compete against each other. It used to be really good, with all kinds of somehow awful but still pretty creative and crazy stuff, with the peaceful, non-political competition being the main point, but it all got very mainstream, corny and semi-political. In short: It sucks. The only cool thing about it is that Israel can always try to qualify, even though nobody seems to be sure how they even non-politically belong in there. :)

• 8 years ago

It is an European singing contest which apparently brings out the best of European music however you are not missing much. It is a political joke. I.E Spain always votes for Portugal and vice versa. This is 2013's winner (Denmark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59E7T0H-Us

Youtube thumbnail

Not many people watch or like it here. It is nothing more than a farse and it is bullsh*t.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Eurovision is old hat! Just like the currency! they were warned it wouldn't work, and Eurovision hasn't worked for years, it's just a big Con! Just my opinion!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You are not missing anything.

European countries are competing in singing each year.

In the past countries were singing in their mother tongues.

Now almost everybody sings in English and it has lost its originality.

Very boring contest since all seem the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

It's a singing contest..European countries compete eachother.

Source(s): Denmark won
  • Duke
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

this video will explain the 2013 contest

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No idea. Probably some popularity contest or something.

• 8 years ago

A song competition between the European countries.

• 8 years ago

It's a singing competition but it's all political now.

• 8 years ago

Dude just google it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.