Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

What is this Eurovision?

I'm sorry but I don't know what it is. I heard someone saying something about it being a contest.

• Astrid

It's the Eurovision Song Contest (the entire name probably says it all), in which the European countries each nominate a singer or a band and compete against each other. It used to be really good, with all kinds of somehow awful but still pretty creative and crazy stuff, with the peaceful, non-political competition being the main point, but it all got very mainstream, corny and semi-political. In short: It sucks. The only cool thing about it is that Israel can always try to qualify, even though nobody seems to be sure how they even non-politically belong in there. :)

It is an European singing contest which apparently brings out the best of European music however you are not missing much. It is a political joke. I.E Spain always votes for Portugal and vice versa. This is 2013's winner (Denmark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59E7T0H-Us

Youtube thumbnail

Not many people watch or like it here. It is nothing more than a farse and it is bullsh*t.

Eurovision is old hat! Just like the currency! they were warned it wouldn't work, and Eurovision hasn't worked for years, it's just a big Con! Just my opinion!

You are not missing anything.

European countries are competing in singing each year.

In the past countries were singing in their mother tongues.

Now almost everybody sings in English and it has lost its originality.

Very boring contest since all seem the same.

It's a singing contest..European countries compete eachother.

Source(s): Denmark won
  • Duke

this video will explain the 2013 contest

No idea. Probably some popularity contest or something.

A song competition between the European countries.

It's a singing competition but it's all political now.

Dude just google it