Why do conservatives always win a argument?

every time i go see a political article and see the comments its usually conservatives that win an argument against liberals because they always sound right/

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Only the ones who block liberals can appear to win. That's why so many of them block us.

##

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I find that most people are not sufficiently critical and aggressive when debating a point.

The kindest and most polite way to respond to an argument is to make up your own. That has the unfortunate consequence of presenting the audience or your readers with two lines of argumentation from which they can choose... that's very weak, rhetorically speaking. It's much more powerful to draw from the analysis of your opponent and provide a synthetic argument. However, it's also much harder.

There are many positions from the right that rests upon a rationalist approach or economic models such as that of pure and perfect competition. Tell me, how many people know how these frameworks are built, upon which assumptions they rest or what sort of epistemological positions they entail?

Very few... so, the debates you see or read about aren't debates. They're simultaneous monologues where two or more people speak their mind without listening to what the other has to say -- and, in the end, members of the audience picks the one they already agreed with. All the above means is that you're a right-winger, not that they are peculiarly good at debating -- and you can verify my claim since my pretension is that a leftist would feel the opposite.

• 7 years ago

It's called confirmation bias. Liberals win arguments and conservatives win arguments. Of course, a conservative will usually sound right, just as a liberal will sound left (Political pun)

• Bruce
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Conservative arguments seem right to conservatives and liberal arguments seem right to liberals. In the amusing words of Thackeray, How strange it is, God doth contrive, That every child that's born alive, Is either a little liberal, or a little conservatiive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Really, really? Look what has happened to what the conservatives said was the biggest scandal in American history, the Benghazi affair. It has been proven to be a total farce, the conservatives lost.

• 7 years ago

The ultimate determination of that is the national elections and the Republicans have not won one of those in 9 years.

• 7 years ago

Feelings vs Reason

• Arnie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Liberals know as much as a box of rocks..

The Liberal ideology is a theory , fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and which holds forth beliefs that have no basis in reality.

@

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because you're stupid so to you it sounds like they're winning the argument.

• Question hidden due to low rating

• 7 years ago

It helps to have truth and logic on our side.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.