suggest international universities for medicine?

hello

im graduating highschool soon and im planning on studying medicine and i cant study it in my country

that being said i need to study abroad , i need suggestions on universities to go to anywhere in the world is good but north america , europe and australia are preferred and also the course language is english

if you can suggest a university that accepts a high amount of international students or one with reasonable requirements , im what you would say average , im intelligent but my academics are somewhat lower than they should be due to an illness i had during highschool but i think they are still sufficient for medical school

any university you might go to or heard or know someone going please i need advice

i have been researching but im just not good at this

note: germany is preferred but i dont speak german and they require a german proficiency test such as testdaf but i dont know is if i can get accepted and learn german there before commencing the actual study

i am from bahrain if that is of any importance

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you want to study in Europe then EU countries are advantageous since that way you can practice medicine in any EU country without any additional tests (as long as you can prove your language abilities).

Here are some EU universities in Eastern Europe that have English-language medical degrees:

BULGARIA:

Pleven

Plovdiv

Sofia

Varna

CROATIA (will become a EU member on July 1, 2013):

Split

Zagreb

CZECH REPUBLIC:

Prague

ESTONIA:

Tartu

HUNGARY:

Budapest

Debrecen

Pécs

Szeged

LATVIA:

Riga (two separate programs: at LU and at RSU)

LITHUANIA:

Kaunas

Vilnius

POLAND:

Bydgoszcz

Gdansk

Katowice

Kraków

Łódź

Lublin

Olsztyn

Poznan

Sczeczin

Warszawa

Wrocław

ROMANIA:

Arad

Bucureşti

Cluj-Napoca

Constanţa

Iaşi

Oradea

Târgu Mureş

Timişoara

SLOVAKIA:

Bratislava

Košice

Romania usually has by far the lowest tuition fees (and Hungary and the Czech Republic the highest). Take a look in particular at Arad, Constanţa, and Timişoara - tuition fees there are €19,200-24,000 for the entire degree!

Keep in mind that every degree has clinical components, usually including a full-time clinical year at the end. Because of that, it's important to learn the local language (for which there are always courses being offered).

In Western Europe your options are somewhat limited since there are usually no English-language degrees. Because of that, you are effectively limited to the UK and Ireland, where tuition fees are very high, especially in medicine and especially for overseas students (in Ireland most institutions charge approx. €31,000 per year except RCSI which charges €49,000 per year; in the UK most institutions charge approx. £29,000-31,000 per year on average). Both countries have a centralized application system for all universities, http://www.ucas.com for the UK and http://www.cao.ie for Ireland. In Ireland there are five institutions that offer undergraduate entry medicine (NUI Galway, RCSI, TCD, UCC, and UCD) whereas in the UK there are several dozen of institutions that offer medicine.

Note that in the UK and in Ireland medicine usually takes 5-6 years; in continental Europe it usually takes 6 years.

Germany would have the advantage that fees are extremely low (approx. $1,000-4,500 for the entire degree, except in Niedersachsen where the entire degree would cost approx. $12,000) but, as you say, you would have to learn German first. Here is a list of German universities that offer medicine: http://www.hochschulstart.de/index.php?id=4143 As a non-EU applicant you'd have to apply directly to each university (whereas EU applicants have to use a central agency).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I consider you are going to in finding that it takes longer and is extra high priced to gain knowledge of treatment in the U.S. Than it's on your nation. In the USA you need to first graduate from a university which takes 4 years; then you definately go to a medical tuition for 4 years and then you definately have to take your internship/residency which takes a further four years. Most scholars don't get any scholarships for medical tuition and get a small cash as a resident. Often the system with no scholarship would price about $250,000. It's also very aggressive to even attain entrance into a clinical institution. You have to have excessive tuition grades and a high ranking on a experiment known as the MCAT. Very few worldwide students are approved. You need to put up your university grades and MCAT ratings to find out which institution might take delivery of you.

• 7 years ago

For the US and Canada, medicine is a graduate-level program, and thus you must have completed a bachelor's degree (4 years of university) before applying to medical school in those two countries.

• Katty
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

For Australia most medical degrees are now postgrad and the undergrad degrees require you to be in the top of the top. Australians need to gain 99.8% in their final year to even be considered for entrance. If your academics are not at this level undergrad medicine is not possible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.