"Life is Suffering."-Buddha. What do you think this means? How do you apply this quote to your life?

In my opinion, I think this quote makes sense and it just simplifies life into a very simple statement. The quote is not an opinion, but an honest fact. No living creature on Earth can escape suffering because even the pleasures that they experience leads to ultimate suffering. As human beings we possess... show more In my opinion, I think this quote makes sense and it just simplifies life into a very simple statement. The quote is not an opinion, but an honest fact. No living creature on Earth can escape suffering because even the pleasures that they experience leads to ultimate suffering.

As human beings we possess reason, and that is what makes us different than any other Sentiment being. Our youth may be a pleasing experience, but one day we change and we move away and youth is only a precious memory. We will eventually witness the deaths of our parents or our loved ones. We will eventually grow old, get sick, and die.

In our youths, the average human desires fame, money, sex, food, and sleep. We will have to suffer for it through hard work in school. If we fail school, then the rest of our lives, we will struggle in society to survive. Through stressful thoughts, anxiety, and relationships, we can never completely be at peace with ourselves.
Update: This quote strictly simplifies life, not the afterlife. Please use some logic.