How do you fall asleep when it is "time for bed"?

I count backwards and visualize the numbers as I countdown. Just distracts me from life so I can fall asleep. Do you have any special rituals? Do you continue to think as usual and just let sleep come or do you try and fall asleep?

Do you need your other half in bed before you can sleep? Your favorite blanky? What sends you off to dreamworld?

• EDOD
    Favorite Answer

It is easier for me because I don't really care about life or problems, Lulz.

I generally fall asleep in about 15 minutes, but when I remember/care too I go through relaxation exercises.

I turn on music and cry myself to sleep most nights thinking about all the depressing things I have to put up with.

Usually I think about really romantic scenes with characters I like :3 Or I just try lucid dreaming or I just shut my eyes and sleep ^_^

• K8

I have a few fleeting thoughts and then fall asleep fast.

I do sleep better if my husband is there.

I like using this sleep sounds generator...it has background sounds to lull me to sleep:

http://moods.onlineclock.net

• ?

12345

123456

1234567

12345678

123456789

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Buster

I just close my eyes and I'm out.

Source(s): "I see a red door and I want it painted black"