Oddly pyschic abilities, vivid prophetic dream?

Sometimes I know things I have know logical way of knowing. Usually they are crazy insignificant things like I finally learned that if I get a great desire to watch a movie I haven't seen in years, don't rent, don't pull it out of my movie collection, it will be on tv with two hours to two days. The... show more Sometimes I know things I have know logical way of knowing. Usually they are crazy insignificant things like I finally learned that if I get a great desire to watch a movie I haven't seen in years, don't rent, don't pull it out of my movie collection, it will be on tv with two hours to two days. The longest time was the urge to rent Tommyknockers mini series. It hadn't been on in years. I resisted, it came on in several weeks but ads started within 2 days. I don't think my wanting a movie to be on caused the movie to be on, it was already in the works or scheduled. I just had not heard or seen any ads ont it.
It had been a couple of years since my sister-in-law mentioned she and my brother were going to try for another child but without all the fertitility stuff they had to go through to have my neice. I hadn't thought about and it hadn't been mentioned since then. My daughter and I were leaving from a visit and I asked my daughter when we left if she noticed the pregancy test on the counter. She hadn't. Later that week they called to say they were pregnant. I told them I had been waiting all week to hear something because of what I saw and just knew from that they were having a baby. They day they called is the day they bought the test. What was on the counter that day was a urinary tract infection test. My brother I recently found out knows calls coming before phone rings. I think of someone out of blue then they call. Again, something already happened, how did I know?
Most vivid though was a dream of a small plane about 4 yrs ago making an emergency landing on an empty mall parking deck in the morning. It skidded to the end on its nose with smoke coming up around the nose. Mall was to the right side of the plane. I looked on CNN off and on the next morning to see if this is something I unconciously caught on the news and dreamed about. I did see it that morning on the news several states away but it just happened, that morning after my dream. Only difference was it was a mall parking lot, not deck. Mall looked same, they all do. It was before opening, plane was on nose at end of lot with foam around nose in photo, so there had to have been smoke. Mall was on right. I just knew people in plane were ok and they were. I didn't know where it was or the people so why the dream? I couldn't stop it, my dream didn't cause it, so why? It's like the time I couldn't sleep for a week because I kept watching the news because I felt some disaster that effected several countries was going to happen, not war. During that time, I usually knew when space shuttlles were going up. I missed this one and the news of the plates falling off in take off. The night I finally turned the tv off thinking I was nuts, early the next morning was when the shuttle burned up on reentry. The feeling of dread left so I knew that was it again it was something in motion already I wasn't to stop it just know it.
There are other things like thinking a quake woke me (east coast, rare where I am), I turned tv on to see report of a 4 pointer in atlanta area. A couple of states away, not felt where I was, but happened at time I thought I was woken by one. Of course a couple of years ago there was one felt in the northern part of our city slightly. It was north of our city. I am in the south end of our city and almost thought I was going to have to call 911 because I was so dizzy I couldn't stand for a couple of minutes. Even when sitting my head was spinning. Then it suddenly stopped. It was at the time of the quake so I think I picked up waves only which I wonder now is what happened before.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? If I am going to know things, why movies or things I can't stop. I know the paradox of seeing something in the future and stopping it from happening, means you really didn't see the future because you changed it. But how do I tap into random knowledge and how can I control what I tap into? Winning lottery numbers would be great since I can't change anything.