Frustrating ps3 problem.?

Okay so my friend gave me a ps3 a while back. I took it home, and set up the Internet which took quite a few minutes but it wasn't frustrating or difficult. The ps3 worked perfectly for the past 5 months I have had it, and about 2 weeks ago I went out of town so my friend watched my animals and I let him take... show more Okay so my friend gave me a ps3 a while back. I took it home, and set up the Internet which took quite a few minutes but it wasn't frustrating or difficult. The ps3 worked perfectly for the past 5 months I have had it, and about 2 weeks ago I went out of town so my friend watched my animals and I let him take the ps3 to his place. He had it for the past 2 weeks and I got it back today.
I will throw out there that all this ps3 is used for is Netflix.

Anyways I got it back today and tried setting up Internet, and nothing. I went to settings, Internet settings, blah blah, went through all of the steps like usual, and nothing works. It is through wireless.
I tried turning off the modem and the system, waiting a few minutes and turning them back on.
I've tried every option there is for the steps.
It keeps saying something about not having an LAN or something and says to go to security settings but when I go to security settings there is nothing there about an LAN...
All I want is Netflix. This is so frustrating!!! I've been trying for hours and feel as if I'm going in circles.
Please help!
I've read every forum on this I can find and do everything people say and nothing seems to work for me.