What does this quote really means?

“A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”

― Albert Einstein

What does it means??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

it means that a clever person falls in a problem, but can solve it and that a wise man avoids the trouble instead of falling

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

The clever people, as noted in the first part of the quote, while still not noticing the obstacle in advance, know what to do after bumping into the obstacle.

The wise people, according to the quote, not only notices the obstacle, they manage to avoid it. Getting to that point takes a bit of learning.

• 7 years ago

It means we can solve to show we are clever in those, but if we don't want to get involved in various types of situations and difficult problems, we may prevent them, avoid, override. To do preventive action to avoid happening situations we cannot solve cleverly... Sometimes better, easier, or, if there is a choice or chance here to go this way.... The quotation doesn't state anything about unavoidable ones, those we have to solve:-)

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It means that a cleaver person would have enough knowledge and skill to be able to solve a problem.

The wise person also has the above but chooses not to sovle the problem as they are just happy knowing they could.

They are saving their self from the hassle that comes with solving the problem and therefore leaving them free to enjoy other things.

In fact in their head its probably not even a problem (as they have already solved it)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I get that a clever person likes to be in problems and solve them to bring attention to their wit, whereas a wise man, will realize that showing off is not important. You should take the better of the paths, even if on earth your greatness is not known

• 7 years ago

it means clever person can solve problem but wise man avoid it because he doesnot want, that clever person take its credit as being a wise man he must solve it first.

hope u will understand....... and truly i dont know, i explained right or wrong lol. if u like than plz give me feedback.

Source(s): rubendjohn@yahoo.com
  • 4 years ago

it means clever person gets all the negative energy becoz he stand for evry unfair things happens around him while trying to solve things and wise man wil get all the positive energy becoz he is pleasing evryone for his benefits anf fooling them. i choose to be clever rather wise.

• Cristiane4 years agoReport

Right? I never understood it.If we're able to see a problem and make it right, why would a person choose to walk away from it. It's absolutely wiser to don't bother w/ it and live your life but that's such a egoistical point of view. I don't get it why ppl would want to be that kind of person.

• 5 years ago

prevention is better than cure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.