hypothetically speaking say the draft was reinstated would you go or escape to Canada/Mexico?

HYPTHETICAL

say the u.s wanted to put troops back in iraq, put boots on the ground in syria, do an insurgency in afgahanistan, put troops in pakistan what ever hypothetically speaking say the draft was reinstated to compensate for all that troop need would you escape to canada or go and fight?

i would escape

• Ranger
    Best Answer

Based on the way the USA has treated its veterans after every war, I would support anyone wanting to leave

The US provides benefits and a big Support Our Troops when they need people to fight a war. As soon as the war starts to wind down, the US cuts care for the wounded and disabled and tries to sweep them out of sight.

It has happened every war the US has fought without exception. After the war is over, the US acts like the veteran should have just cut off an arm or leg or given both eyes for the privilege of living in the US.

And that is why I support anyone wanting to avoid compulsary military service.

Source(s): rc

They say the military doesn't accept GED recipients, flat-footed people, or anyone with a felony record.

Well, I'm a GED recipient and find that insulting, my feet were once athletically-arched, but now flat from cheap shoes and being on foot all day at work in a pharmacy... and the last one?

If a person really didn't want to join the military there are so many things... not to mention that the unfair prejudice against those with GEDs would really not motivate me to take a bullet for "my" nation, a place where I've gone bankrupt, have no friends, and have never been on a date.

• Judith

@Mercadies: You're joking right? The last time freedom was at stake was in the revolutionary war. All the wars we fight now have nothing to do with freedom. How about you go fight if you love war so much? The draft is worse than slavery.

• Not if you mean the NFL Draft...haha

No seriously draft sucks I would go to Mexico

I am 20 and want to enlsit army airborne after my second year of college (next year). I would be happy if they sped up my process. Sign me up! I would prefer to go to Syria or Iran than Iraq or Afghanistan.

I'm not a U.S. citizen, but if I was I would serve the United States proudly. (And would do so regardless of my citizenship).

Would I leave? No.

With my terrible eyesight, I'm pretty sure I'd get a health exemption.

Only cowards escape.

Not for those countries. I would rather go to jail.