Can I get a free abortion pill without parental consent?

I'm a minor and I think I might be pregnant.. I'm four days late on my period and I'm usually never late (since I'm birth control and it's been regular ever since)

I live in California and in my school there's a free clinic where I've been prescribed free birth control and one free Plan B pill with out parental consent.

If my period doesnt come in two days, I'm going to take a pregnancy test and see how that goes..

And if it does come out that I'm pregnant I'm going to need the abortion pill.

But since it is more expensive than Plan B or my birth control do you think I'd have to pay for it? Me and my boyfriend really cannot afford $100-$300 pill.

So any information would really help, thanks.

• Lisa
    Favorite Answer

That clinic may not even have the abortion pill. They may be able to prescribe it but they may make you go to an outside pharmacy. It really depends on what your state's rules are.

If they will not prescribe it due to parental consent, it is possible to get a court hearing and fill out the paperwork to have a secret court process to determine if you are capable of making your own medical decisions regarding the pregnancy. They nearly always grant you the right though to make it without informing your parents, partially because once you have a baby you would be capable of making your own decisions anyway.

If they cannot prescribe it because they don't have a NP or a PA there, then go to Planned Parenthood.

However, I don't know if it would be free. If they are able to give it to you, it may be on a sliding scale.

I think it's amusing that the person before says to put on your big girl pants. I think she should take her own advice and learn to comprehend what she reads as you clearly understand the difference between the abortion pill and plan B (but then maybe she doesn't know that there is an abortion pill?). You are acting responsible by thinking over your options. Just make sure whatever choice you make is the choice you want to make.

If you cannot afford the 100 dollars for a pill, then I would hate to think about the cost of birthing a baby.

Should you really be pregnant, I would say go ahead and have your baby. Abortion even with the pill really would be wrong and a huge mistake. Abortions can indeed sometimes give physical complications and problems with future pregnancies such as miscarriages being more likely. Common side effects (which can last up to two months) can include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and bleeding. Some experience even worse complications.

A lot of real guilt and shame often can come with an abortion. Perhaps it is for this reason that many relationships end not too long after an abortion is done.

The other day a girl on Yahoo Answers commented that she could not stop crying ever since she had her abortion.

Another girl on Yahoo Answers recently wrote, "I was 9 weeks pregnant and had an abortion a couple of days ago. I had a medical abortion where they brought on a miscarriage and I had to use toilet pans when I needed the toilet so they could examine everything. I saw the tiny fetus just laying there perhaps just over an inch long. It actually broke my heart and it's been haunting me with regret ever since. My boyfriend came in the room because I screamed and he saw it as well and he's been extremely sad about it.”

But you can avoid this pain and heartbreak. By having your child (if you really are pregnant) it is no small aspect that you can go for the rest of your life knowing that you gave that child the chance to live out his or her life. The life of that possible child in you is more important than any life plans you may have which could be delayed but also could still go on nevertheless.

By keeping the baby or putting him/her up for adoption you will choosing life for him or her and you are making a right decision. I strongly advise do not get an abortion and either keep the baby or look at adoption if you really think you would not want to raise a child at this time. There are millions of good couples waiting years to adopt and it can often be arranged to meet your hospital birth expenses if that need is there.

If you confirm pregnancy and you want free over the phone counseling about your situation (advice which can be more helpful and personal than the brief answers here) in all this you can call Bethany Pregnancy Services toll free 1-800-238-4269. Tell them about your situation. I think they can provide you with real help and advice. You have nothing to lose by calling them. All the best.....

Source(s):

http://www.impregnant.org

http://www.adoption.com

http://www.abortionno.org

I doubt the school clinic has an actual abortion pill there, only properly licensed practices can do that.

Think about it logically: $100-$300 for an abortion pill and a little embarrassment from telling your parents or a $10,000 per year approximately baby?

But that's getting a bit ahead of yourself, wait to see if you get a positive test or not first. Why weren't you using birth control in the first place?

Source(s): 21 weeks pregnant

Plan B is not an abortion pill it is emergency contraception and is called that for a reason. If it was an abortion pill I'm sure more people would take that rather than go get one. You have to take it within 72 hours of the time you had sex if you didn't then it is too late for that.

Plan B will not do you any good it is NOT an "abortion pill". It is to be taken within 72 hopurs of sex. You are already pregnant.

Take a test. Put on your big girl panties and prepare to have a baby. You play, you pay