Ran a bus stop sign on accident?

I know I'm stupid. Young and reckless if you will. I'm honestly not sure what I was focused on that made me not stop at the bus. I was never taught how to do this in my driver's training either. Story time. I was coming home from school on a two lane road. The bus had clearly stopped and had it's... show more I know I'm stupid. Young and reckless if you will. I'm honestly not sure what I was focused on that made me not stop at the bus. I was never taught how to do this in my driver's training either. Story time.

I was coming home from school on a two lane road. The bus had clearly stopped and had it's stop sign out. I wasn't speeding or talking on my phone or anything of the sort. I think I didn't pay attention to it because I get bad tunnel vision while I drive. But anyway, I ran the stop sign and the bus driver honked at me and held his hand out the window and made what appeared to be the number 5, but he was holding it horizontally, I'm pretty sure it was supposed to mean stop. I figured since I had already broken the law I would just keep going because stopping passed the stop sign would do nobody any good, so I kept going. Also, they were no cops around.

I know I could have killed a young innocent child today and I feel really terrible this happened and I would take it back if I could. Don't give me the bs about not knowing what it's like to lose somebody you love because my 21 year old sister died in a car crash 2 years ago.

Can I legally get a ticket if an officer wasn't on scene? I've been really paranoid about this.

I live in Colorado if that helps at all.