Two Flies in Love is beautiful. Can you improve "The Fly Whisperer," and improve upon this poem?

Please pay tribute to these special animals who bring us such happiness. Your C.C. and comments are always welcome. This is an edit job from a poem months back, now re-worked some bit but in truth, am working on another poem and needed a break, and this was just what the Fly Whisperer ordered. Fiction based on... show more Please pay tribute to these special animals who bring us such happiness. Your C.C. and comments are always welcome. This is an edit job from a poem months back, now re-worked some bit but in truth, am working on another poem and needed a break, and this was just what the Fly Whisperer ordered. Fiction based on fact, this is a tale of a young, blue eyed altar boy who once could catch flies in mid-air or off the table, and had a good deal of kids, even adults, rooting him on at a place called Oakwood. Very cool. Those that star my poems are always appreciated as well as those who answer. Thanks, Thomas
______________________________________...

The Fly Whisperer

Hello, let me introduce myself
My name is Kindly Plantice
I would love to share with you a talent
Many laugh, but this is no riant matter

Years ago I was nicknamed “The Fly Whisperer”
It started out harmless- as a kid; I caught flies
No, didn’t squish em, torture em; but loved them
They became more than pets, they became my life

I was able to catch them with my bare hands
Sedentary or flying, there was no escaping me
They were kept as house pets, or set free
Many times I would go for walks with a Fly

Permission granted, abscond with one long hair
Tied gently around fly’s neck we’d go for a stroll
One time I married a couple that flew off happy
Which couple enplaned happier I never found out

Finally, this got in the local news, even beyond that
I am the guy that put the fly swatter out of business
No more killing flies; the most they need is a time out
Marriages have even been saved by The Fly Whisperer

It is my fervent hope that I talk with you all again

Thank you Kindly

Update: neonman: thanks for your answer. Okay,........... the young man catches flies. He takes a long hair from someone with long hair...and ties one end to a flies leg, and the other end to the other flies leg, and they both fly off happily ever after. Or, like I said, you want to go for a walk, take the fly with... show more neonman: thanks for your answer. Okay,........... the young man catches flies. He takes a long hair from someone with long hair...and ties one end to a flies leg, and the other end to the other flies leg, and they both fly off happily ever after. Or, like I said, you want to go for a walk, take the fly with you. The rest of poem were just benefits of his talents and being able to put fly swatter out of business (fiction....of course) and save a few marriages....the metaphor of tying two closer together, or tying the know, guess did not work, or the jury is still out perhaps. :) Thomas
Update 2: One thing not addressed here of yet is the question itself. Notice the request to "improve" twice for two separate things.
_______________________________________...
Update 3: Oh bly me, forgot >>> thanks for the stars and answers so far. Very wonderful. Now I can get this other poem going please let it work oh Lord
Update 4: Sorry for spelling error and confusion it might have had in first larger paragraphy above in add'l details, second to last line, at the end, should read "tying the knot" Tommy Hi-Hi