Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 7 years ago

$6K for a 2003 Honda Accord EX with 155K miles?

I am in the car hunt for my first car and stumbled upon a 2003 Honda Accord EX coupe AT with 155,000 miles for $6,000. I need the car for at least four years in college and my both my parents have Honda CRV's. It has 30 MPG.

My other option is a 2001 Buick Regal LS for $6,000 and it has 42K miles on it. Not sure what to do with this being 21 MPG.

EDIT: Sorry I was asking if the Honda was worth the money with the miles in it.

• MACD
    Favorite Answer

In this case the gas mileage is not what is going to make or break your decision. It's the unknown ... which car will cost your more in mechanical repairs over the next four years.

If it were me ... I would hire a mechanic to look over the main car that I was interested in (Honda I assume in your case) ... if all is not well ... go for the second choice. Miles on the Buick are nice .. but the car is still 12 years old.

Both cars are 10 + years old ... so you are going to have to roll the bones.

• lydon

Blue Book Value 2003 Honda Accord

• g

Is the Accord being sold by a private seller or a dealership? A '03 Accord EX coupe, in good condition, with 155k has a current market value of $4,300 from a private seller and $5,600 from a dealership. A hundred or so more if it has a V6. So if this is from a dealership they are asking a reasonable price. If you can get them to come down to $5,600, or below, it would be a very fair deal for both parties.

• Matt

I would get the buick. The accord has way too many miles. 6k for a 10 year old car with over 150,000 miles? Don't buy it

You should try Kelley Blue Book. www.kbb.com. You can input all of the details and see the book values. You can also do a search to see what similar cars are for sale and at what asking price. I personally would not buy any vehicle with over 100,000 miles on it.

Hey i'm here for the first time. I found this question and I find the answers really valuable. I hope to offer something back and assist others too.

The Honda is done and wayyyy overpriced and the buick is a non starter. Keep looking.

• H

That's way overpriced

I wouldn't go over $5,250 for the EX. Now if this were the EX-L ;P

if you have a question please ask it