Gary asked in SportsHockey · 7 years ago

Hockey fans who is better Alex Ovechkin or Sidney Crosby?

As a pens fan I hate the caps but I'm trying to find out by all fans so who is better and why

Favorite Answer

Welp, Ovechkin scored 1 goal in the playoffs this year, Crosby has had 3 so far. Ovechkin scored as many goals as Crosby in the regular season, yet Crosby played in 12 less games than he did. Crosby has a Stanley Cup under his belt...Ovechkin not so much.

I know decoration isn't always the best indicator but it really is here for the most part. I'll give Ovechkin credit that he is still a very good player, but he is not near Crosby.

1

Source(s): 100% Success Winning Predictor - http://WinningPicks.oruty.com/?Dux
  • Helen

Okay, They both are great players, Ovechkin delivers the points and Crosby sets up the plays. Ovechkin scores a lot, and if you watch him, he's a bigcelebrater. He always does jumps and hits the boards. Sid is more of a team player. He knows where to be at the right time. When he delivers, he delivers BIG. Game winning points. Crosby is more of a team player. But Ovechkin and Crosby both learned hockey in different countries. I think in Russia things are much different because theCanadiann and United States players are somewhatrelate ablee. Both are great players, just different styles. :)

Well lets be honest about these teams...

Crosby has solid players around him including guys like Malkin.

Who does Ovechkin have? Nobody!

Ovechkin gets no help from his team because that do not have anyone close to the level of a Malkin. Its hard to do that much with no help. I think they are both equal on offense,maybe Ovie gets the slight edge. Crosby is a better defensive player, Ovechkin is much more physical than Crosby. Overall its almost even. I bet if Ovechkin was on the Penguins he would easily put up the same numbers if not better.

• Scott

Crosby. Absolutely. Ovie has skill, no question, but he has always played for himself: he has never been a team player. Since joining the NHL he has helped Russia win two golds at the also-ran world hockey championship but he has never led the Caps past the conference semi-finals and he was a non-factor in Russia's 6th place finish at the 2010 Olympics. Crosby loves the game of hockey, knows it inside and out, and has never stopped trying to improve every part of his game. As a coach there's no question which player I'd want on my team.

Ovechkin! Although ovechkin can be touch and go. He is a very good hockey player, and so is Crosby for that matter. To me, ovechkin has more heart. Even if he doesn't seem like it, I think he takes it apon himself to carry the team. He played with a fractured foot for the final 2 games against the ramgers as well as in Helsinki with Russia. That being said Crosby did break his jaw. I still think ovechkin Is the best, but in reality. I think both of them are the same and that is why people fight over who is better.

Source(s): My opinion as a hockey player

Crosby

Crosby.

Ovechkin has fallen so far behind Crosby, that this shouldn't even be a question anymore.

• Sadly, Crosby.

He is more of a rounded player. Fortunately, I hate the Penguins and the Capitals.

3 years ago, this would have been a lot harder to answer. The way it looks right now, Crosby is the better player.