What Is The Mystery Of Intel HD Graphics 4000?

First Of All Don't Think I Am An Idiot, I Am NOT New To Computers (Pretty Experienced).

My Problem Is That :-

I Have Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile (On My Laptop Dell Vostro 2420). Intel i5 3520m

Intel 3rd Gen Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz(Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz)

Most Importantly Not Overclocked.

Ram 4 gb DDR3 1333MHz

Here I Have Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005 At Maxed Out Settings I Get 20 - 30 fps ( With FSAA OFF and Shadow Details Nil)( Big Surprise For Me). I Should Have Been Running It At Ultra Settings At Max fps ( Not The Case )

Then Need for Speed Carbon At Maxed Out Settings I Get Almost The Same fps Without FSAA and Shadow Details Nil. I Should Have Been Running It At Ultra Settings At Max fps ( Not The Case)

Later, Need for Speed Shift At Max Settings (With 8x AA And Max Resolution ) I Get 8 - 10 fps. And Without AA I Get 15 - 20 fps. ( Disappointed ) . I Should Have Been Running It At High-Max Settings At Max fps

After. Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed At Max Settings ( With 8x AA And Max Resolution ) I Get 5-7 fps. And Without AA I Get 10 - 12 fps. And At the Least Resolution And Lowest Settings I Got 20-25 fps.I Should Have Been Running It At High - Max Settings At About 30 fps.

The Big Surprise, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 At Maxed Out Settings With Shadows Low (Even Though I Put It To High It Comes Back to Low ) And I GET 25 - 30 FPS (I Am Shocked ).

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUNNING AT MED - HIGH SETTINGS AT JUST PLAYABLE FPS (15 - 20).

I Have Also Played All The Call Of Duty Series ( 1 - 8 ) At Max Settings At Great Frame Rate.

And A Game Ace Combat Assault Horizon It is Not Meant For My Graphic Card I Checked It On www.Game-Debate.com But I Run It At Max Settings At 20 Fps.

And Also The Air Conflicts Games, Which Is Not Meant For My Laptop.

And I Have Experienced This Many of them Many Times. Can Any Body Tell Me Anything About This ? It Would Be Great If Anyone Could Give Reasons For This ? I Am Still In A Chaos?

Thank You And Help Me Out In Knowing My Hardware More Better.

Yeah I Forgot To Mention I Use 1280x1024 Resolution (I Mean the Max Resolution is 1280 x 1024)

Favorite Answer

Ummm where are you getting these figures from?

"I Should Have Been Running It At Ultra Settings At Max fps"

what do you mean you "should have"

You do know you are using integrated graphics right? they are decent for the fact they are integrated, but playing games at max settings at 60+ fps is a little bit of a stretch...

And also you are using integrated graphics, but most likely using single channel memory... I think someone experienced should know integrated graphics use your ram. And increasing your ram bandwidth almost 2 fold, will drastically increase your integrated graphic performance.

Also with your graphics stealing your ram, it leaves less ram for your system, so you may only have like 3.2-3.5GB of ram left for your system, and if you arnt managing background processes, can be used while gaming.

And the more ram you have, the more your graphics have to pool from, so that may slightly help aswell. Not that more video memory, means more performance, but if you dont have enough video memory for the settings you are playing on, it can negatively affect performance.

And lastly, the 3rd generation ivy bridge cpus support ddr3-1600 memory, so you really should be using that. It will not only give you even more memory bandwidth (thus further increasing capabilities of your limited integrated graphics), but also give your system more bandwidth which will slightly increase overall system performance.

So just from the simple process of going from 4GB of single channel ddr3-1333 with high timings -> 8GB (4GBx2) of dual channel ddr3-1600 memory with 9-9-9-24 or 9-9-9-27 timings, it will actually give you a noticeable increase of not only overall system performance, but greatly improve your gaming performance.

But keep in mind they are STILL integrated graphics, so dont expect miracles, and think you will be playing crysis 3 on max settings....

You should also think about getting something like a laptop cooler to help lower your temps, since gaming generally does cause your cpu to get hot, and the hotter it gets, the more it will throttle itself, thus lowering your performance. So keeping your laptop as cool as possible is also important.

Aswell as making sure there is no dust build up in your laptop by using compressed air to blow it out often.

Then things just like maintaining your system, like defraging, keeping yourself free of viruses/malware, managing your background processes/services and startup processes/services can also make a difference, especially on limited laptop hardware.

But just from what ive seen on the internet, it seems that people in india pirate like everything lol. So im guessing its not again the law there or not enforced at all, so ya to each their own.

BUT using a pirated operating system (aka windows 7 ultimate, 99.9% of installations of this os are pirated >.>), is the SINGLE most stupid thing you can do on a computer. Just saying. There are ways to illegally use an OS that doesnt involve torrenting windows 7 ultimate... there is no benefit to win7 ultimate, and pirated an os is just straight up retarded...

Your laptop comes with a legit copy of windows 7, so for the love of god do not pirate an os.... If you really dont want to pay for windows 7, there are other ways around it (ofcourse im not going to mention them, since there would be no actual good comming from it), but seriously dont torrent it...

And with pirating games/software, its far easier to manage them, even if infected, but seriously, you REALLY need to know what you are doing if you want to get into something like this.

Because the upload is trusted, or because people in comments say its safe, or even if your scan says its safe MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! people rely WAY too much on scanners to determine whether something is safe or not...

just because a scan says its clean does NOT mean it is, and vice versa, just because it says its infected doesnt mean it is. I would actually say dont bother ever scanning anything, since results really mean nothing, unless you actually know how to test for things yourself, then you shouldnt be doing it.

• Erika

Intel Hd Graphics 4000 Max Resolution

Intel HD4000 Is Equivalent To GT520M In Performance Excluding Physx Processor+Anti-Analising etc Graphics Quality Features.This Means You Can Run Games That Don't Demand Quality Features From Graphics Card Implicitly.For Eg. A Game That Demands Physx Processor[Compulsory],You Can't Run On Intel HD4000.

Source(s): Computer Engg.
  • Jess

I am not sure where you got the impression or the data saying that "it should be running At Ultra Settings At Max fps". This information is quite incorrect. The frame rates for the picture quality you suggested here assuming were talking about a 1920x1080 resolution are all quite persistant with the norm and the advertised performance. You should also consider that an integrated GPU uses your RAM as if it were VRAM, and is greatly influenced by your RAM's speed, which is quite slow. From the data youre giving us, if the resolution is at the popular 1920x1080 then everythign seems perfectly normal and acceptable.

Source(s): Just an IT analyst
  • Easwar

Quite strange story that Intel HD 4000 can run graphics demanding game at Full HD and ultra graphics settings!

I haven't heard about HD6570 could run your games at "ultra" settings and HD6570 is a lot faster than Intel HD 4000.

Quite strange and confusing.

That occurs to me over and over again. Usually I get lucky enough to get right right into a server and play for an hour or two prior than getting kicked on. DayZ remains to be carefully in development. You'll proceed experiencing this as normally as you try to play. It's the ultimate motive i completed having fun with the game.