What Is The Mystery Of Intel HD Graphics 4000?

First Of All Don't Think I Am An Idiot, I Am NOT New To Computers (Pretty Experienced). My Problem Is That :- I Have Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile (On My Laptop Dell Vostro 2420). Intel i5 3520m Intel 3rd Gen Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz(Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) Most Importantly Not Overclocked. Ram 4 gb DDR3... show more First Of All Don't Think I Am An Idiot, I Am NOT New To Computers (Pretty Experienced).
My Problem Is That :-

I Have Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile (On My Laptop Dell Vostro 2420). Intel i5 3520m
Intel 3rd Gen Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz(Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz)
Most Importantly Not Overclocked.
Ram 4 gb DDR3 1333MHz

Here I Have Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005 At Maxed Out Settings I Get 20 - 30 fps ( With FSAA OFF and Shadow Details Nil)( Big Surprise For Me). I Should Have Been Running It At Ultra Settings At Max fps ( Not The Case )

Then Need for Speed Carbon At Maxed Out Settings I Get Almost The Same fps Without FSAA and Shadow Details Nil. I Should Have Been Running It At Ultra Settings At Max fps ( Not The Case)

Later, Need for Speed Shift At Max Settings (With 8x AA And Max Resolution ) I Get 8 - 10 fps. And Without AA I Get 15 - 20 fps. ( Disappointed ) . I Should Have Been Running It At High-Max Settings At Max fps

After. Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed At Max Settings ( With 8x AA And Max Resolution ) I Get 5-7 fps. And Without AA I Get 10 - 12 fps. And At the Least Resolution And Lowest Settings I Got 20-25 fps.I Should Have Been Running It At High - Max Settings At About 30 fps.

The Big Surprise, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 At Maxed Out Settings With Shadows Low (Even Though I Put It To High It Comes Back to Low ) And I GET 25 - 30 FPS (I Am Shocked ).
I SHOULD HAVE BEEN RUNNING AT MED - HIGH SETTINGS AT JUST PLAYABLE FPS (15 - 20).

I Have Also Played All The Call Of Duty Series ( 1 - 8 ) At Max Settings At Great Frame Rate.

And A Game Ace Combat Assault Horizon It is Not Meant For My Graphic Card I Checked It On www.Game-Debate.com But I Run It At Max Settings At 20 Fps.

And Also The Air Conflicts Games, Which Is Not Meant For My Laptop.

And I Have Experienced This Many of them Many Times. Can Any Body Tell Me Anything About This ? It Would Be Great If Anyone Could Give Reasons For This ? I Am Still In A Chaos?

Thank You And Help Me Out In Knowing My Hardware More Better.
Update: Yeah I Forgot To Mention I Use 1280x1024 Resolution (I Mean the Max Resolution is 1280 x 1024)