Should I seek medical advise elsewhere?

For a few months now I have been getting severe pains in my chest. It's a very tight feeling like something is crushing me and can last anything from 2 minutes to 2 hours. When I have the pains my heart rate ranges from 100 bpm - 135 bpm and in conjunction with the pain I feel very weak, shaky and light headed.... show more For a few months now I have been getting severe pains in my chest. It's a very tight feeling like something is crushing me and can last anything from 2 minutes to 2 hours. When I have the pains my heart rate ranges from 100 bpm - 135 bpm and in conjunction with the pain I feel very weak, shaky and light headed. I have visited my doctor several times and they have been no help at all, they haven't said the corse of the pain and how to get rid of it and as far as they are concerned they don't think I need to go back. Should I just ignore the pain or receive medical advise elsewhere?
Update: I'm a 18 year old female with a healthy diet and very active however this pain is proventing me from doing alot of the things I would usually do