Why USA want to spread democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Why USA want to spread democracy in Islamic nation when majority of people their hate Israel, hate USA, hate western culture and values ? Not to mention that people their have indoctrinated by islamic teaching from childhood. Also, many people their believe in conspiracy theories like Holocaust never happened, or jews control the whole world etc.

ALso, what is the big deal of democracy ? I mean people could easily be brainwashed by propaganda, censorship, and lies. Many people in america don't even know how to locate Canada or even their own country on the map. Those people can be easily be deceived. Also, many muslims people are brainwashed by islamic teaching, they will more likey to choose pro islamic and anti western government if they were given the choice to vote.

Should we give dumb people or brainwashed people the choice to vote ?

Favorite Answer

well, with democracy they can continue to hate us. they just get to vote for who represents them and their hateful ways....

Fair question.

First, Islam is not at all in conflict with freedom and democracy. Islam does not say, "All good muslims must live under a murderous dictator."

Secondly, ALL people want freedom. No one is out there saying, "You know, my life would be just so much better if I lived under a murderous dictator who kills my neighbors and rapes my daughters."

Third, democracy has nothing to do with the U.S., Israel or western culture. Freedom and democracy are YOURS to do with as you see fit. Make it an Islamic democracy! Specify that your nation is only for good muslims! That's fine too. Don't want to be muslim, go some place else.

But I hear you. Stupid and brainwashed people will always be the weak link in a democratic nation. And that is the biggest challenge for democracies. A challenge, not an impediment. And folks do, usually, figure it out.

• Mary

<<Bush only sought to oust the Taliban form of government. That was widely successful but for some reason, Obama chose to withdraw from Iraq but up the presence in Afghanistan. He called Iraq the "wrong war" and Afghanistan the "right war".>> The joke's on him. They were both "the wrong war". After 9/11 we should have quietly located OBL and his Al Qaeda buddies and splattered their guts all over the sand. No bringing democracy, no setting up new governments, no extended troop presence. WE DON'T OWN ANYBODY IN THE MIDDLE EAST A DEMOCRACY.

Instilling the values of liberty Coupled with democracy is the best long term hope for sustainable peace in the region and the world. If they don't get it, it could get ugly later....

Because freedom to choose and believe freely is a right of all human kind. Indoctrination is slavery. While i don't agree with much my own government does, at this point in time, my voice with others can still change things. Therefore, i have hope. There its no hope in slavery. OR TYRANNY.

Trying to give the people a prosperous life but they are fighting every step and seem to prefer the Taliban slaughtering them, It is time to get everyone of our personnel out and leave nothing.

Source(s): 想改善經痛C~

So, you think that lowly of people on different lands in general? How interestingly revealing of you. I'm never surprised by people's contempt for others. Only disappointed they chose to reveal it.

The USA wants to spread democracy to make those countries more like the USA, namely too busy fighting amongst themselves to focus on Israel and western culture much. And then when they do attempt international interventionism, they can be just as ineffective at it as the US, too.

To make more money and to have an agrrement with them,lol