Pets. Mostly cats and dogs. I want to create a local database to help find forever homes-What info to collect?

I am nocturnal and I have a habbit of jogging at dawn. The place here at that time is a ghost town and more than once I found a lost animal and took it home and tried to find the owners without any luck. What I did was after a week or two, I took it to the shelter but lately I've been thinking. There... show more I am nocturnal and I have a habbit of jogging at dawn. The place here at that time is a ghost town and more than once I found a lost animal and took it home and tried to find the owners without any luck.

What I did was after a week or two, I took it to the shelter but lately I've been thinking. There aren't any non-kill shelters around, there is just one with limited space and resources... I am in the middle-east btw. Yeah, so why not build a database for people to educate about the over breeding of these animals and to try to find the unwanted ones good homes for free.

Right now, nothing like that exists here. If someone found a pet they'll either put an ad on classifieds where there are hordes of scammers trying to sell pure-breds via western union or take it to the shelter eventually.

I know how to make websites so why not. If. what info should I collect and do you think that there is a template somewhere that I should emulate?

Thank you.