Anyone who has worked in fast food: what does working "on table" mean?

This guy texted me asking if I would work for him at my job at McDonalds. I said yes as long as it wasn't a grill shift because I don't know grill. He said "i'm usually on table." What does that mean? Does he mean he is usually at front counter or what? I've been working here a year and have no idea, but I don't want to ask and feel stupid.

Update:

noooooo guys its not that! i know what "under the table means", this isnt the same thing.

Update 2:

@Bloodmoney: I'm working here to pay for college and I'm planning on being a teacher someday. So you can just hush.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Wow how do you even get hired there that unreal

• Don't talk **** when your sentence has grammatical errors. Just saying

• Noah
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Nobody got it right yet it looks like. I used to work at McDonald's and "Table" meant making the sandwiches. We usually had two people on table, or just one if it was slow. So on table would mean getting the right wrapper out and putting the condiments on the bun and/or putting the meat on and wrapping it, depending on if you are alone or with someone. I think wrapping them is the easier part on table because you don't have to pay attention to when a new order is coming in, the other person does.

"In grill" meant either on table, cooking the hamburger/grilled chicken, or putting the fried meats in the oil vats, three different jobs in grill. So hopefully it's the meats you are saying you don't know :)

And don't feel bad about Bloodmoney's comment. 1 in every 8 Americans have worked at McDonald's at some point. That's just McDonald's specifically. (I read an article called "18 Facts About McDonald's That Will Blow Your Mind" recently lol). It's a very common starting place, it is not a job reserved for idiots.

Source(s): Time spent working in the hell we call "McDonald's."
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Usually working on the table means you're probably working in a strip club.

• 7 years ago

Yeah "tables" means that he has to clear trays and clean the tables.

Source(s): Worked in several restaurants - including McDs.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

It means he wants you to help him clean all the tables so he can get out of there quicker..

• 4 years ago

He may be referring to the preparation table!!

• 7 years ago

Just ask him FFS. Clearly its not that stupid since not you or anybody here knows what it means. This guy cant just make up terms and expect everybody to know what he's talking about.

• 7 years ago

means that you will have to pay tax from your wage.

for example "under the table" means that you get your wage but none of it is taken away from gov't as tax.

• 7 years ago

The fact that you don't know this is right on par with you working at "Mickey Dees".

Keep it up, right up. One day, you'll be promoted to "Napkin Dispenser Replenisher"-- oooh exciting!

• 7 years ago

and you think p&s will help you, ha!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.