The evolution of population?

Help me please it would be so nice of you to answer any question you know thank you(:

1) An isolated population of bats goes through 100 generations with no immigration. However genetic variation within the population increases. What best explain the cause of the increase

A) reproductive isolation results in variation

B) natural selection acts on the genotypes

C) sexual selection has been disrupted

D) random mutation can occur each generation

2) the fossil record indicated the burst evolutionary activity are often followed by long period of stability. These bursts of evolutionary activity most likely include

A) background extinction

B) mass extension

H) episode of speciation

I) genetic equilibrium

3) due to severe flooding 95 percent of a ground nesting ant population dies. The event is different from natural selection in that any resulting change in allele frequencies is

F) harmful to the population

G) benefits to the population

H) random

I) directional

4) The Irish potato famine 1840 was caused by a fungus the infect the potato crop. This potato population was most likely vulnerable to infection due to lack of

F) genetic drift in the population

G) sexual selection in the population

H) organisms in the population

I) genetic variation in the.population

Favorite Answer

A) background extinction

H) random

I) genetic variation in the.population