How does an increase of US troops in Iraq benefit the Iraqi people?

I am doing a debate for my US history class and i have to explain why an increase of US troops in Iraq would benefit the people. I also have to discuss how to increase infrastructure, gdp, how to secure water and electricity, the benefits of democracy in Iraq, and how to prevent further violence. and what is the iraq domestic policy? please help!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

as far as peace in Iraq the only thing that will do that for the long term is to go back to a dictatorship. Sunni's hate the Shiites, Shiites hate the Sunni's, they both hate the kurds and this has been going on for a thousand years. Democracy will not work there and that is evident by the violence between the SHiit's and the SUnni's .

Their whole life is built on hate. Hate of each other, hate of Christians and infidels, hate of american and hate of Israel.

• 7 years ago

There are very, very, very few troops in Iraq and that's the way it's going to stay. Increased US troops bring increased security. Nothing can stop the violence. This is a blood feud that goes back over 1,000 years. The Sunni Muslims and the Shia Muslims hate each other.

• lehner
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

we would desire to consistently no longer have long previous in there in the 1st place. even nevertheless, now that we are there we would desire to go away responsibly. we will not pull out only like that. no count who takes place of work we can be there for a minimum of two-3 greater years. actual, there grew to become into no civil conflict earlier we've been given there. yet, if we go away the country in civil unrest then we would have yet yet another warm spot in the midsection East. no one needs that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.