Am I too short to play cornerback? (High School Football)?

Ok i'm a sophomore guy in high school. I am weightlifting daily at school with my friends. I asked them what position I should play for football next year. They said cornerback or safety, but I really like cornerback because I tried out for it a couple of years back and I know the fundamentals of it. I... show more Ok i'm a sophomore guy in high school. I am weightlifting daily at school with my friends. I asked them what position I should play for football next year. They said cornerback or safety, but I really like cornerback because I tried out for it a couple of years back and I know the fundamentals of it. I didn't make the team though. They say that they recommend cornerback or safety because i'm not the tallest.

I'm only:
5'3
110lbs

Am I too short for cornerback and safety, or am I just too short in general? I can bench 145lbs if that makes a difference and i'm fast enough to keep up with receivers. What do you guys think? Does height even matter when it comes to football?